TDi 130pd, wher'e does the tuning box connect?

Andy D

Reaction score
I'm struggling to find where the tuning box connects to my A4 tdi 130.

I have looked at a few tuning box dealer sites and their instructions and photrographs are very vague.

Took the engine cover off today and (excuse my ignorance) seen two connectors that may be right.

1 - just to the right of the engine block behind the dipstick there is a cylindrical thing with four rubber hoses coming out of the top of it, two hoses towards the rear of the car and two towards the front.

Underneath the rear facing hoses there is a small connector, I opened this and found it was only a two pin connector,closed it again as it didn't look like it was what I was looking for.

2 - attatched to the rear of the engine block at the top right is a large round plug type of connection, it is identifiable by a small red plastic retaining clip and is about 2" in diameter.

I took out the retaining clip in order to check the pin configuration but was unable to disconnect the connection, I tried pulling, levering, slight twisting to help release it all to no avail.

I suspect this is where the tuning box fits but it's looking like I won't be connecting anything if I can't even release the original connectors.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

No help as yet, come on someone out there must know.

I've now looked at a few other images of the connectors and it looks like the large plastic cover unscrews around the plug to release it.

Andy,

Do you have a picture of the tuning box at all? - I got one a few years back for my A3 tdi and I seem to remember it connected just after the airbox but I think the engine layout is different on the A4's.