1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TDI 130 Diesel Tuning box chip...

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by ian-r, Jul 12, 2011.

1. ian-r

ian-r New Member

Has anybody had one of these or similar on their cars? Seems like a bargain of a price to be honest, i have searched through their feedback and generally looks like people have been very happy. Would be interested to know if anyone here has had one and their views?

Ian
  2. Mike B

Mike B Member

What make is it and is it new or s/h?We have had them on both our 2.5 Tdi s on and offfor over a year and they make a difference but one seems to have caused problems probably due to poor contacts so have left this off for a few weeks and probs have stopped so will clean it up and try again.I think the advice is get a good one but they are expensive and you need to be a high miler to get the money back or perhaps convinced that the added performance is worth it
  3. Avant4me

Avant4me The're Graphite not black!!

How much you paying?? Not uncommon to get a remap for £260 which last time i checked was less than a tuning box
  4. stuhow3361

stuhow3361 Member

Paid £250 for my remap for an extra 40bhp which gives excellent performance.
  5. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

40 bhp cannot be from just a remap without supporting modds no matter how good the map is ! Take the readings with a pinch of salt... On a pd engine the turbo will go pop in a matter of days + the tune will be very smokey to produce that boost spike when chassing numbers. 30 bhp reliable is max. you'll get from a remap on a stock engine...
  6. mattyboyc

mattyboyc Active Member

I have a tunit box on mine, massive difference in the drive and noticable fuel increase aswell, these boxes are mega money ( new ) but can be changed from vehicle to vehicle with the purchase of a new loom, i wouldn't be without mine now.
  7. BlackQuat

BlackQuat Well-Known Member

Got a Dragon Tuning box on the A4 2.5 tdi. Love it, cars smoother, more powerfull and better on fuel.
    Got a dragon tuning box on the A3 1.9 TDI 100bhp. Car does 59mpg, was previously doing about 43-47. Power is alot more to the feel and alot easier to drive.
  8. Mike B

Mike B Member

I think that they are the best option easy to fit and remove but expensive.We found both of ours on Ebay for £100 each but new they would be £500 which seems like a costly gamble if you are not100% sure