tCarbon FMIC Kit for 225 Audi TT

Corey said:
Ignoring our other FMIC supplier at the moment, I thought you guys would like a bit of an update to the TCarbon TT225 FMIC fitment on the S3 we are doing today.
The basic kit we received from TCarbon will not fit the S3, the bracket's are wrong and the hose's foul the fog lights.
We have manufactured new bracket's to enable the FMIC to fit behind the stock bumper and to enable the crash bar to be used, the crash bar will need to be modified but only a small amount.
This intercooler is thicker than other's on the market, the inlet and outlet of the intercooler are the same size as the OE pipework, so the hoses will not stepdown causing flow changes as other kit's do.
We are working through these issues to put together a complete kit for the S3 and have put together a shopping list for the parts to be got tomorrow.
The kits will come with all parts necessary, we will do the crash bar on an exchange basis and the hoses will be either 4 or 5 ply.

Going back to the comments above, sorry but there is no BS. The 3 bar can withstand a constant 11Bar, now cycle the pressure going through them in a turbocharged car, it is not a constant pressure, they will flex in and out.
My kits will come with the highest spec possible for my peace of mind, or I can forget the whole thing, just fit one intercooler to the car I have in front of me and let you purchase what is already available?
Bringing cost effective products to market usually upsets someone but we are only trying to help.

Mine wont flex in and out as i said the stainless pipes are end to end inside the couplers.Wouldn't this way be better for your kit too???Metal wont flex.Not having a dig just wondered.

corey fair play for trying to bring something new but you seem to have a chip on your shoulder about something. james went for a DIY solution (and a good one in my opinion) and all you do is criticise him. Not to mention the digs at forge (who as I can see havent said anything wrong in this thread).

OH MY GOD.......

I have seen by car naked and it doesn't look good Lol :laugh:
I'm crap at this modding malarky, don't like seeing the inside of the car.

The question is, what prat started this thread about getting a fmic from the states..........................................................oh yeh, that was me DOH!!

Well like tcarbon said when I first started this and they emailed me, they have never tried this kit on an S3, and like Corey said there were more differences between the tt and s3 when they are both naked, so we had to fabricate some new brackets to mount it better, but the new brackets are ****** solid and it definatley ain't going nowhere.

There were some issues with the pipework fouling the foglights, but that will all be sorted tommorow, but it was a long old day, god i get out of the office for one day and play garage and i'm ****** shattered Lol.

Will let you all know how it goes tommorow

(guys, if i ask any stupid question like this again, please just tell me to shut up and just drive the thing?!?!) :haudrauf: :)

mate you done the right thing - he who dares :)

I hope you have pics :D

yes we got some pics, but i was too busy making coffe and trying to play mechanic ( not very good mind ) so didnt get too many today, but will get more tommorow.

if this was just a one of kit and i didnt car about how we fitted it, it would be a lot easier, but im fussy and am prepared to be a guinea pig as a lot of you guys are interested in this type of thing, and want a good kit that everyone can get done easily without having to cut x, y and z and leaving half your bumper off and not needing mug your bank manager.

hands up to corey, if it was me and i had someone hassling me all day in my workshop, i would off got one of those special hammers and hit me over the head! :keule:

(Corey, that doesn't mean you can do it me tommorow)

pablo said:
corey fair play for trying to bring something new but you seem to have a chip on your shoulder about something. james went for a DIY solution (and a good one in my opinion) and all you do is criticise him. Not to mention the digs at forge (who as I can see havent said anything wrong in this thread).

There are things behind the scenes you don't know about so I am sorry if some of my postings seem a bit off hand, we have tried to show you a bit of the process (to help encourage other's) for producing your own kit (although I would prefer you purchase ours) and there has been nothing but off hand comments to what we are doing.
Maybe it just must be me?
I haven't critisised James at all, I applaud anyones self inginuity, from small acorns do big oaks grow.

hi guys,

just to back up Corey's last post, there has been some dealing in the background that are a bit ******. End of the day i am a client the same as you guys and i shoudn't have to wait for 4 weeks for parts and then them not bothering sending them.
The question is, if i ordered direct as a client instead of through a company, would I have had the same treatment
??

Im not starting a slagging match or pointing fingers, this is a topic i started about doing some work on my car and wanting to do it so it would work for other peopole.
just a bit ****** off that 'me' as a client is getting the run around, it wouldn't be so bad if it was just for a few quid, but when spending hundrends of pounds, you expect perfect customer service, from however you order the parts

Sorry, rant over.....Lets get back on topic

Well im going back into the garage this morning to finish this off and will take loads of pics and let you know how it goes.

Cheers

Swede

I only posted on here as i was concerned about altering the crash bar and thought other people would be too.I just wanted to show people who could DIY it a way which was simple and cheap.Im sure people will still buy Forge and Coreys intercooler kits as alot of people would like it fitted by professionals.

As a side note, I have a Forge FMIC, with the modified crashbar. I recently crashed the car when someone pulled out in front of me and despite a slight bend at the end of the bar, there was no significant damage to it - it did it's job. And no comeback from the insurance company either.

thats good to know chris!

looking foward to seeing some pics of the kit on swedes S3 and then wait for corey to come up with some prices! :D

ok so things have ground to a holt, as we needed to get some silicon hoses custom made, so i'll wait until we get those until we take any more pics, but its looking good.

got the car back tonight with a ****** huge intercooler fitted to it. :hubbahubba:
It looks really awesome, Corey has taken loads of photos of the install, so I'll leave it for him to post all the pics, I'll take some pics tommorow so you can see it on the car.

ohhh do share i have been following patiently
Any crash bar modification need?

ChriS3 said:
despite a slight bend at the end of the bar, there was no significant damage to it

Was there any impact to the middle of the crash bar,isn't that the bit that gets cut and weakened?

Guys, I will update this thread in a day or 2, we are knee deep in bhp at the moment and are not spending as much time as we would like at the computer.
The intercooler fitted very well, we had to have custom hose work done so we weren't able to use the items from TCarbon, which has invariably put the price up, however on the plus side we have been able to fit larger diameter pipework than some other FMIC available, we have kept the pipe a contant size from the turbo to the inlet.
Pictures will follow I promise but it does look good, it was worth the late nights!!!

all my software etc for images etc went with the laptop to heaven in the sky.
All I have at the moment is the office tower pc and it hasn't got the software on it, just the accounts and internet.
I haven't even downloaded the images from the camera yet because of this issue.
I know it doesn't help but they do look good!!!

Don't you do patience? lol

as they, patience is a vertue, but not in this sitution im afraid! hahaha we want pics!

take your time mate theres no rush we are just being impatient, but the sooner you get em posted the sooner you gonna have more clients! ;)

Sorry guys,

but i didnt get any photo's of the installation as Corey took them with his camera while I was being playing silly ****** and painting my headlights (which look cool Lol) and like he said his laptop has gone pete tong so need to wait for him to see them.
Even i haven't seen the photo's yet and i want to see them also, so here are a couple I took over the weekend, not great as weather was ****, but hopefully you should be able to see the F*****g huge intercooler Lol

:salute:

DSC00098.jpg

DSC00088.jpg

Looks really nice mate, fills the bumper just right:o.k: . I feel for Corey my computer gone nuts as well, internet won't work (using my lil laptop), would like to see the pipe work as I need to sort my IC out soon.

Does the car feel different in any way? performance?

Looks like a good fit from what we can see.The front vent is tiny on the S3.

Defratos said:
Looks really nice mate, fills the bumper just right:o.k: . I feel for Corey my computer gone nuts as well, internet won't work (using my lil laptop), would like to see the pipe work as I need to sort my IC out soon.

Does the car feel different in any way? performance?

it certainly sounds different, feels meater but that might just be me thinking it, so not sure, need to do some more logging runs when Corey has his laptop again, but is definatley going to make a difference to temps etc

:) :)

yes mate, unfortunatley it needed to be cut because the intercooler is a fatboy Lol, the intercooler is mounted direct to the car with custom bracket/angle iron and not to the crashbar, so this offers protection back in place of the bit that needed to be trimmed on crashbar.

Ideally Its not what i wanted to do, but seeing as its done on other kits, it a compromise we needed to make to fit this bad boy in.

cheers

looks very meaty.ok so now the questions:
Did you run the pipework up like that to stop it from hitting the fog lights? Does the bumper close ok?
Is it held on by the top mounts only? (they should be enough) did u just screw the top mount bar onto the body?
Finally how does the crash bar look on the car with the IC?

Really liking the pipework, just wondering it it'll be better to have to all flowing smoother, but it looks like it does the job, any VAG reading yet? and Nice job mate :beerchug:

Defratos said:
looks very meaty.ok so now the questions:
Did you run the pipework up like that to stop it from hitting the fog lights? Does the bumper close ok?
the pipework had to snake like that to clear the fog lights and the aliens, space is at a premium behind the bumper
Defratos said:
Is it held on by the top mounts only? (they should be enough) did u just screw the top mount bar onto the body?
Finally how does the crash bar look on the car with the IC?
the intercooler is supported above and below, the bracket ties the upper part to the inner support, there is a lower bracket that is not visable
Defratos said:
Really liking the pipework, just wondering it it'll be better to have to all flowing smoother, but it looks like it does the job, any VAG reading yet? and Nice job mate :beerchug:
Ideally I would prefer it to be one hose each side but the tooling to produce it is expensive.
Test results will be next week, as I type I am in the media centre at the Milenium Stadum in Cardif watching the Rally of GB, so it is a bit difficult to test the S3 at the moment. I got this to play with for the weekend.
:rockwoot:
Picture001.jpg

There are times when I love my job

looking very good! will be interesting to see what happens on testing! you worked out any figures for a price yet?

Did anymore come of this?

i.e. prices test results?

looking at doing this before a stage 2 map

Cheers Keith

Yeah, its been 6 weeks now since we last heard off you! Any prices yet got money in my pocket burning a hole!! :)

Shhsshhh, I think the Forge guys had him "bumped off!" lol!! :)

maybe they did lol i phoned and enquired about this and after a talk was told "ill give you a call from the office tomorrow" and have not heard anything since so a forge fmic now sits behind my bumper!

maybe it was a case of my number being written down wrong but i got a deal on the forge so hey ho.