1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tarnished Avant Roof Rails - What do you recommend?

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by cheekeemonkey, Jan 2, 2008.

1. cheekeemonkey

cheekeemonkey Member

Hi all

Newbie to the forum - lots of great information - particularly like the detailing section - wow! :respekt:

One gripe I have with my A4 Avant is that the aluminium roof rails are quite tarnished/tired looking.

When I took it to my main dealer a while back they said to use polish on them to remove the 'tarnish' - tried this but it didn't have any noticable effect.

Any recommendations on a product to clean these up properly?

Thanks in advance

CM
  2. 1wheelonly

1wheelonly cabriolet

i use a product called autosol mainly for exhaust tips and stuff on my bike and its great but the usual stocked autosol has a cutting agent in it,but you can get a autosol smooth which would be fine for your use.
    hope this helps.
    lea
  3. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

Try Some T-cut mate, You'll be surprised what that stuff can do.
    I use T-cut on my Exhaust tips and the few bits of chrome I have and keeps them looking good.
  4. cheekeemonkey

cheekeemonkey Member

Thanks Guys - I have some T-cut so will start with that and see how I get on

Cheers

CM
  5. AliasOmega

AliasOmega New Member

I can say that autosol is good for metal work, i use it on the bike to bring the shine up.

just be careful not to get it on the paintwork though.

autosol is about £5 from halfords, motorworld etc, and comes in a small tube as paste, use a rough cloth (maybe old sheet) and use like liquid brasso..
  6. chris_20

chris_20 Member

id also put this in the detailing section mate, there a couple pro detailers who will know exactly what ull need if these other suggestions dont work