1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talking of Wii's or PS3 or Xbox 360's

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by JohnboyC, Feb 20, 2009.

1. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

[Feb 20, 2009]
    OK...I need informing if I am a miserable old git or not.....so how often have you gone around friends for a bite to eat and a few beers and/or wine.....and the family you are visting get the poxy Wii game thing out....and then you spend the next few hours pissing about with the games.....all you may get is a fleeting go of the game...and usually just get to sitting in silence playing the occasional game when you can get a look in....:huh:

I prefer the art of conversation and a good few beers.......:beerchug: without the need to be "electronically entertained"

By the way, I enjoy the occasional Wii game.....but not when visiting or entertaining...

Sooooooooo whats everyone else here think....
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 19, 2014]

3. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Feb 20, 2009]
    Personally I don't even own a games console, and never have, although I did hire a Playstation and a copy of Tomb Raider when I was at college in 1995 :laugh:

Maybe that too makes me a miserable old git! But I struggle to find enough time to watch any TV, let alone play computer games!
  4. auditek

auditek Member

[Feb 20, 2009]
    ive got a chipped x box with 40 games on hard drive, got it in payment for a job off a techno geek. im the only one in house that uses it, lucky if its once a month for an hour.
    two kids have a wii, played it first day they got it.
    totally agree id rather sit and get trashed n gibber **** for hours than use either of them...................................
  5. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator

[Feb 20, 2009]
    Use to love my consoles and video games, but I now have a PS2 gathering dust in a box somewhere, and invested in a Wii for the little one(He's 4 1/2), which keeps him entertained for little periods, but he insists I have to play in 2 player mode, so I had to invest in another Wii remote and nunchuck, which is like £55 in total. Whilst I enjoy using the Wii, it's not as addictive as oldskool side scrolling shoot'em'ups/beat'em'ups, so either I'm getting old and not getting into the interactive thing, or I have more important things in life than video games.

Give me R-Type or StreetFighter2 any day of the week. :)

I'm also happier going out with a couple of mates for a beer or coke. :beerchug:
  6. Geordie Mike

Geordie Mike Yeee-haw

[Feb 23, 2009]
    Has to be the right game. Drink then play Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party. That may change your mind, especially when you're dancing along to Wham next to your 6'7" brother in law.
  7. APL TDi

APL TDi Member

[Feb 23, 2009]
    I have a PS3 and would never play it with company. Its good for lazy sunday afternoons for a bit of an escape from reality.

The wii is good fun sometimes, but like you I would prefer a good old chin wag with mates.

Ravin rabbits is quite a good laugh though, but it depends on what type of mood you are in......
  8. nashchrs

nashchrs New Member

[Feb 23, 2009]
    I agree the Raving Rabids Game Is A good laugh!!!

I've been struggling to pronounce it lately, went round to the G/F's mams a month ago and i said by accident "are we having a go on rampant rabbits"!! Like a C**t!!Ended up being red faced for 15mins LMFAO.

Anyway,i'd only suggest getting the wii out if it was a game where everone can join in and when everyones has had a few pots.

But sat there in silence watching ppl play is boring, i'd sooneer have gone home and put a film on,on my own!!

PS3 OR xbox aren't really ones to play on when you've got people over unless its a sports game with a few pals!!;)
  9. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Feb 25, 2009]
    had a few games on forza when my homies are hanging around my crib:eyebrows: