1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taking seats apart...

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by cjhill, Jul 2, 2006.

1. cjhill

cjhill hmmmmm interesting.

[Jul 2, 2006]
    Has anyone done it and put them back again properly.

I want to invesitgate the cause of annoying noises in the lumbar support on the drivers leather seat.

Cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. FactionOne

FactionOne Well-Known Member

[Jul 2, 2006]
    A very good question... I need to have a fiddle with the lumbar support mechanism in my drivers' seat - the previous owner must've been FAT - it's only ever groaned since I installed the seats; passenger is fine though.

I must admit I've only ever had a quick look at ELSA for information about dismantling/re-assembling the seats, and as I recall it wasn't too fruitful. If I can find some coal for the laptop I'll try again and post anything useful that I find. I wonder if there are any technical documents available from Recaro that might shed more light on it?...

Regards,

Rob.
  4. Mo-S3

Mo-S3 Member

[Jul 2, 2006]
    It can be done methodically, but you will have problems getting the leather back on nice and tight. My dealer did mine a while ago to repair a sqeaky lumbar but couldnt get the leather tight over the bolsters. They happily paid a large some to me to get it redone from Stratstone Ferrari.
  5. cjhill

cjhill hmmmmm interesting.

[Jul 2, 2006]
    elsa is a good idea, i tried but isnt there in much detail. Would be nice to give it a little oiling... so annoying.