Taking seats apart...

cjhill

hmmmmm interesting.
Reaction score
Has anyone done it and put them back again properly.

I want to invesitgate the cause of annoying noises in the lumbar support on the drivers leather seat.

Cheers

A very good question... I need to have a fiddle with the lumbar support mechanism in my drivers' seat - the previous owner must've been FAT - it's only ever groaned since I installed the seats; passenger is fine though.

I must admit I've only ever had a quick look at ELSA for information about dismantling/re-assembling the seats, and as I recall it wasn't too fruitful. If I can find some coal for the laptop I'll try again and post anything useful that I find. I wonder if there are any technical documents available from Recaro that might shed more light on it?...

Regards,

Rob.

It can be done methodically, but you will have problems getting the leather back on nice and tight. My dealer did mine a while ago to repair a sqeaky lumbar but couldnt get the leather tight over the bolsters. They happily paid a large some to me to get it redone from Stratstone Ferrari.

elsa is a good idea, i tried but isnt there in much detail. Would be nice to give it a little oiling... so annoying.