Taking one for the team: Revo Stage 1 Case Study on S3 8P3 (MY2012)

Haven't even driven one and I love them (as I know you do). What makes me want one so bad as well is that a pretty basic 2nd hand Audi dealership price sits around 4K more than my current 1.6! Worth it!

I'm glad you like the REVO product and it is a good product indeed. But every once in awhile as you drive, thank Brett Augsburger for supplying everything that you enjoy ;)

I'm glad you like the REVO product and it is a good product indeed. But every once in awhile as you drive, thank Brett Augsburger for supplying everything that you enjoy ;)

To be frank as long as it's what I want I couldn't give a shiny ****e who makes the map. Most products these days are based loosely on something else, and the base component is an Audi generic map, so whoever makes tweaks to it beyond that doesn't bother me at all.

I've been in this game for over 20 years and I've heard every ****** story in the book; the tuning industry is notorious for trying to defame other companies, and as I'm passionate about cars and tuning I've learned to take most of it with a pinch of salt because it's usually ******** ****** up by idiots.

I am mate, there was a foul smell of bull**** in the air that needed freshening so I thought I'd come back to dispell the rumours and put fact back on the menu ;-)

Had a challenging few months, but should be more present going forward! Hope your well mate.

This old gem again.

2003 I think.

At the last count it's 2012 now and anything from that far back is probably a bit stale.

This old gem again.

2003 I think.

At the last count it's 2012 now and anything from that far back is probably a bit stale.

Correct Alex, it bores me ****less.

I hoped we were better that on here.....

I am mate, there was a foul smell of bull**** in the air that needed freshening so I thought I'd come back to dispell the rumours and put fact back on the menu ;-)

Had a challenging few months, but should be more present going forward! Hope your well mate.

Very well, we've missed your presence ;)

Very well, we've missed your presence ;)

I thank you sir, missed being here, it's a long story but it will eek it's way out over time!

Car is a disgrace, wish you were closer to give it a detail!

Correct Alex, it bores me ****less.

I hoped we were better that on here.....

You want to see how it is elsewhere.

It's great to see you back though!

Glad to see you back mate!!

I may have some other work down south soon, AITP sunday?

Just got out of hospital, so it may be a struggle. I'll see what I can do, but it's unlikely as I'm fragile!

Just got out of hospital, so it may be a struggle. I'll see what I can do, but it's unlikely as I'm fragile!

Wishing you the best for a speedy recovery.

Cheers for the kind words gents.

No biggie, but if I say when you get middle aged like me just make sure you aren't shy at getting regular health checks no matter how unpleasant they may be ;-)

Its all good in the hood and with long term drugs and some intermittent hospital treatment life should be good!

Good to hear mate.....being middle-aged myself I know where you're coming from and glad it is all in hand....keep your chin up and that stage 2+ should put a smile back on your face..!!

****** hell Warren i do hope you maka full recovery and feel 100% real soon. I still lurk a lot but don't post as much these days, its good t see your name in print, best wishes to you fella :)

****** hell Warren i do hope you maka full recovery and feel 100% real soon. I still lurk a lot but don't post as much these days :)

given some of the interactions I've had on here today I don't blame you mate!

Many thanks for the kind words.

And so the final post in this thread.

13k miles and I've had a service and that means the plugs go too. Always do them at the same time because when the car is running code I just think it's best to give the car every chance to run optimally.

The plugs that were fitted from factory were changed at APS, and they were Bosch 06H 905611 single electrode plugs. They looked absolutely fine when they came out so will be being kept as emergency spares. Not one misfire or issue in 13k of running. In fact they looked the least tortured of any of the plugs I've ever removed from my S3's. I've had two versions of the Revo code installed on my car in the period (linear code and normal), and neither have led to any issues.

Plugs+2012.jpg

The new plugs I've had fitted are the NGK Laser Platinum Premium (PFR7S8EG) which will hopefully deliver more of the same trouble free motoring as the Bosch plugs.

Any questions; fire away.