1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

taking off brd manifold

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Alexthesparky, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Alexthesparky

Alexthesparky New Member

[Jul 31, 2012]
    Does any one have or know of the sequence to take off the desiel manifold from the 170 's. Also how hard is it as all i want to do is fit the little vacume actuator Ie does it need to come off (looks like it does).
    Once i have done it ill be writting up the problems i have been having and hope this fixes them.
    Thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. jspeed2

jspeed2 New Member

[Aug 1, 2012]
    Alright mate, yes u do have to remove the manifold off the car for the vacuum actuator as to replace the actuator u need to turn it 180degrees for the shaft it is mounted on, it sounds complicated but is very obvious once u remove manifold. To remove take off air hose from intercooler to anti-judder valve,Then anti-judder valve, then remove EGR valve (also disconnect metal pipe from exhast to egr valve 2 bolts one can be a pain in arse if you remove bolt holding radiator black metal pipe to oil dipstick tube to give some movement enough to get sockets in once u start dismantling it's fairly obvious what I mean) and finally inlet mani. Afraid I'm not best at explaining but any questions just ask :)