TaiPan CAI fitting

cclarke184

Reaction score
Any body here got or fitted the QuickShift induction kit
i'm just in the process of doing it now (11:45 am saturday)
and i'm confused about where to route the cold air feed pipe.
Does it go through the same hole as the original breather pipe or do i route oout under the engine bay some how?

thanks in advance.

Ir i remember right there is a hole in the front wing that can route down to the bottom of the bumper . You'll probably have to remove the battery to get a good fit. Ifyou look at the group buy thread for these im pretty sure some1 posted some pics of fitting. Hope this helps,Ta
Jim

I have just recieved mine and was wondering which way round the filter goes as I have not tried to fit it yet

That pic looks like Gambba's Quickshift. His is a Pre-facelift A3 (98 I THINK) so IIRC he fed the air feed down along beside the battery to the front lower grill. However, on the newer 8L A/S3's you can feed the pipe to the original hole in the wheel well, it only requires bending the feed a little to make it fit. This was done on JayBeeS3's Quickshift. I'm sure there are pics, so will look and post it if I find it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Cheers for the picture, thats not the way I thought it would go, judging by the inner I thought the end where you can see the filter and gauze pointing inwards would be the intake side not the MAF side, but heywhat do I know