Tailpipes

wilko

Top Gear
Reaction score
I realise this is probably posted within lots of other threads on the site but... I can't seem to find any tonight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

What I want to know if were is the best place to buy some chrome tailpipes for my 2.0 TDI from, and how much should I expect to pay for them/fitting???

Audi do them and I think they're £50 + fitting. They are listed as just for the FSI models I think but fit the TDI as well. You have to cut off the existing 'downswept' ones and fit the new ones.

Mmm I already asked the dealer and they said they couldn't fit them bcos they were for the FSI only!!

I'm going to keep it quite subtle, with 2 of the below

ri.gif

I'll post pictures of the car when done.

The only thing I would say, is that i you are planning on having them with the Votex kit they need to be extended as the kit squares off the rear of the car. At the moment it looks like someone stole my tailpipes.....but only till tomorrow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

audisport.jpg

You can fit the FSI tail pipes to the diesel 2.0 TDI .If you look at your exhaust ends you will see that they just have pieces over the inners with a little weld tack to keep them in place. Remove these (VERY EASY TO DO) and the FSI ones will fit straight on. These new ones are retained by a couple of screws.
Audi part No ZGB8P0071902 They are about £34 +vat.There was a thread on a nother site but i can't find it at the mo
I'll keep looking.

That car ain't looking at clean as it was before.

Eeef any chance of a couple pics of the inside please?

Gear stick and surround and door cards / trim please. Thank you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Pipes look great Eeef!

Mine is just as dirty. What was the damage for them?

Has anyone fitted chrome tailpipes to a standard 2.0 TDI Sport ?

Looking at the pics on here and on another post they all seem to be on an S-Line or a bodykit that isnt standard.

I've never quite understood this deleting your reg thing but go along with it anyway....

People can see your reg as you drive along so where's the difference?
There's no extra info on here that i.d.s the car any further than the reg?

strange /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

Exactly - unless you're a celebrity and you don't want people to know where you live!

You should get rid of that dealer sticker - they really pi## me off. First thing I did before signing for the car was open the boot and pull off the sticker infront of the man from the garage. I said if they want to arrange an advertising deal with me i'd be happy to discuss a monthly fee.

Why should they block my view with free advertising and, like yours, not even put it on straight!!!

They make a killing on the car/servicing, advertise on the plates and still want more!

Bah Humbug! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

I couldn't take the shame anymore so broke out the bucket and hose this morning (b4 it fekin rained again!!!)

Shots of the new Powerflow tailpipes on a clean car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ns%20rear%20quarter.jpg

Looking good mate!!

Be careful posting reg numbers, when I sold our ML270cdi on ebay I left the number on show for just a day, and I got loads of parking tickets and CC fines through within a few days.
They don't really want to copy plates of a car that is local in case they bump into each other.

Eeef, thank you. your a gentleman.

The piano black finish on the doors is startingto grow on me and I actually prefer the shift as it looks more like a manual and less like an auto.

SpibsA3 that's kinda the answer I was looking for.... but seeing all these none standard is making want the body kit more and more!!