Tailpipe cut outs, non GMBH or S-Line ??

ruffrida

Reaction score
Been pondering ever since i bought my B6 Avant, and cant make my mind up if tailpipes will look good or not?

With not having the Gmbh/ S-Line body kit some of them look like wheel barrow handles sticking out the back, if you have done this post some pics, avant or not lets see the different styles of what people have gone for!!

Cheers

Yeh 3.5", are they just tips or full pipes??

Did you do the cut out your self, or where they done by who ever fitted them?

If you buy a 1.8T or 3.0 standard rear lower valance then the cutouts will be there

They're just tips welded onto the box. My local garage did it, I think they were a bit fiddly to line up. Shame you weren't here last week as I've just sold the system from the cat back.

I agree. I had the standard diesel lower on the rear of mine, swapped for a twin cutout one and added the tailpipes. Looked good I think, for 6 weeks....

Oh right sorry guys, i thought you meant adding a body kit style rear valance, so the rear valance on yours (or was) james?

If so will be defo looking into that then! Nice 1

Pretty sure James got the 1.8T standard lower replacement put on........but the 3.0 version is identical anyway

Get this:

Endure this...

Add these:

Reactions: BakPak and ruffrida
They're few and far between. Scour ebay for a breaking car, or £140 ish new I think for an unpainted one.

They look about the same size as mine were.

Some people fit 100mm tips, for the look I wanted they're too big, especially on a non-GmbH lower.

Yeh cause that would take em to a 4" pipe, we ain't in the 90's no more lol. Did they give you any more exhaust noise?

No, didn't sound any different, or cover the car in black soot as people seem to think.

90mm straight cut round and i set them so they only project out from the bumper around 25mm, just enough to stop any soot sticking to the bumper

i had a friend weld them while i held them in position, the tubing was a nice fit over the existing pipe so we tacked them in place inside the pipe, never had a problem

I got the unpainted rear too but had it all colour coded with respray, as james did i endured the empty cut outs for a long time but now i have 4" slash cut filling them nicely

I got the unpainted rear too but had it all colour coded with respray, as james did i endured the empty cut outs for a long time but now i have 4" slash cut filling them nicely

This does look well, it's a full system though ain't it Dan?
Doubt I would be able find that style in just tips!

Just got myself a twin exit rear bumper after searching for ages, off to paint shop soon, then need to source some pipes etc

2014 03 03 072903

Not a great pic but gives the idea.

Lower valance off of QuattroJames (Still needs painted) and a standard 1.8T exhaust off of ebay!

Doesn't say it's from an Avant so you'd have to make sure. It's from the same seller as I got my bonnet from which after 10 days I'm still waiting for :/

yep,this is the problem I had for months,you find really good ones for good money but theyre saloon :(

Luckily I work nightshift and scour the bay for early added items and found one at last,they are out there chap,just got to wait a bit ;)