Tailgating!

marmite

Counting the Tesco Club points
Reaction score
Never understand this myself

Was minding our own business going down the A1 small amount of traffic sitting in lane 2 doing 80mph'ish and some idiot comes up behind us in a Alfa GTV 3.0, flashing his light and near enough in my boot!

No were for my wife to pull in so she just kept a steady speed, not happy with this he started tooting her out the way, if she applied the brake he would have hit us, no room in the n/s lane...

So she booted it........this wound him up even more as he 1. could keep up 2. didn't get past.

She pulled into the n/s lane and he went past us..his mate doing the ****** sign at her and sticking his fingers up..

The funny thing is he then just pulled back into lane 1 and slowed down???

We over took him and he stayed there?? what the hell was that all about??

I would have mind If he was doing that as he wanted to play..or maybe he did then got the hump when he say a woman driving? ****

thing is once you floor it and leave them for dead they don't take the hint. 5mins later (when they've finally managed to catch up) they do it again. Have they no dignity?

Never understand it
The only thing I can think of they want to race or something!

I have a little button in my car that once pressed releases 500 litres of crude oil, job done and agent bainsyboy 006and a quarter lives to seduce more ladies in the next little chef

With "tailgaters" I will usually just slow down more and take extra time at the stop lights just to **** them off even more...after a few minuets they usually get the idea.
Those who don't just make for good entertainment.:eiertritt:

Does sitting 3 inches off the *** of the person in front actually get you to your destination faster? :think:

I disagree completely with tailgating, but I also hate people who sit in the outside lane just 'cos there is a lorry 3/4 mile ahead and they want to make sure they can overtake it. If we were legally allowed to 'undertake' as you can in the US on freeways, we wouldn't have this problem.

jcs, in that situation I would undertake someone anyway. That really annoys me, people using the "fast" lane for no real reason. As for tailgaters people dont tend to do that to me for long. If its on a motorway and they are going for it and theres a space, I'll let them pass if not they can deal with it. On normal roads where there's only one lane they can do what the hell they like but if they take out the back of my car they'll get owned in the fact with a bit of broken exhaust or somthing, up until that point I'm not worried :D

I dont understand it though, my mate has a 1.4 astra and he ALWAYS no matter what constantly drives up the ***** of other cars that he can, I thiunk hes trying to prove to the world that his car isnt that slow - I've seen him force people to stop in bus stops before just so they dont have this idiot glued to them. When I ask him why he just laughs it off likes its nothing, the fact is if the car in front had to stop or slow suddenly he would go right through it, possibly killing kids in the back. I've mentioned it to him a few times but he just does it as a matter of corse now, such stupid risks and upsetting other drivers for the sake of saving 1 or 2 minutes if your lucky per hour of driving by forcing a couple of people to pull over.

I think he like a lot of the tards on the road will one day have an accident and until then they wont wake up and realise how dangerous it can actually be. Dont get me wrong I like driving fast and getting from A-B in a timely manner but theres the right way to do that and the wrong way.

people who just sit in the middle lane annoy the hell out of me, its like i will pass that lorry 5 miles ahead some time this week

Dont understand people that tailgate when you're doing 70+ on the motorway, if the person thats' doing 70 is passing cars and moving quicker than them whats the big deal in waiting until they can pull in, then if they dont i usually (stupidly probably) just undertake them.

Sounds like the guy wanted a race then took the hump. I get it all the time in the MR2, little boys must think its some sort of challenge, and corsa's etc dont stand a hope in hell so i sometimes like to wind them up.

Let one guy pass then circled him a few times once, he was not a happy bunny lol

MR2 turbo's were always a good challenge in my R5 turbo!
But that's off topic - sorry! :no:

Another good thing to do is to let them past then just sit behind them with your full beam on, works really well.

When driving abroad people just move into the other lane leaving the outside lane clear
As like this morning the n/s lane was too busy to allow us to pull in and for this idiot to pass.BUT the mad thing is he didn't continue his fast track journey up the **** of other drivers!!! he pulled in
Crazy fool!
I'm a strong believer in overtake then pull back in and keeping safe distances between cars.

rodenal said:
Sounds like the guy wanted a race then took the hump. I get it all the time in the MR2, little boys must think its some sort of challenge, and corsa's etc dont stand a hope in hell so i sometimes like to wind them up.

You maybe right and I do get this alot but normaly other Audi owners or Scoobies on my way home from work

Just Plain Old said:
I've never really had a problem with tailgaters........ :)

Me neither - can't actually remember being tailgated... but then again, i have a fear of being overtaken
:nyah:

i find this too - i previously owned a modified black clio and since ive owned the a3 i have had loads of tailgaters and people wanting to pass me :S

is this an audi thing?

im doing 70-75mph on the motorway and usually when i was in the clio not many would pass me, but now in the a3 people are flying past at 80+mph

strange :S are they trying to beat an audi just or whats the deal?

oh and i too slow right down, then drop it in 2nd or 3rd and beat on lol

I once got spotted tailgating someone by my dad, not long after passing my test (a good few years ago now...). When I got home, he asked me if I'd broken down and had been towed anywhere. I didn't have a ****** clue what he was on about so said no...:uhm:

Eyesight then went a bit funny - put it down to the clout around the head he'd just given me :slapped: . He then confiscated my keys for a week and relegated me to public transport.

Needless to say, I've not tailgated anyone since and feel like dishing out the same treatment to anyone that does!!