Tailgate Manufacturing Fault?

Behind The Bins

Reaction score
My tailgate appears to be different, the area directly below the light cluster I am talking about.

The offside is curved or maybe dented, the nearside is flat. Anyone else have this? Is this a manufacturing fault?

This has not happened since factory as there is no paint damage, car is only three weeks old

See picture
Tailgate

The shut lines look ok? Odd though - you would expect it be uniform.

The way they press these panels you wouldn't expect it to be defective.

The shut lines look ok? Odd though - you would expect it be uniform.

The way they press these panels you wouldn't expect it to be defective.

Shut lines are fine, but there is s definite curve/dent to the offside, you can see it and feel it, I might join you in rejection as I think it’s quite noticeable

If we both reject we can hold hands and go skipping down the road Hahahaha

Rejection is really not easy - especially after the first 30 days. If you think you have an issue and want to go down that route you are in the strongest position now - end of next week you are in a very different place.

Anyway, I don't feel like skipping - I feel like rioting. Maybe we could make up a job lot of petrol bombs and 'Audi Are Sh1t' banners.

Very tricky to see because of the reflection, eagle eyed me can’t see an obvious fault?

Rejection is a no go for that, they will offer to “repair it to an Audi Approved standard” and that’s if they accept liability, audi approved standard will be probably be a new tailgate and a blow in if the panel is definitely defective and out of shape.

In the first 30 days you can reject for any fault - after that it becomes tricky.

Reactions: AudiNutta
In the first 30 days you can reject for any fault - after that it becomes tricky.

I tried this when mine arrived damage due to bad QC.

Dealer said no problem we will refund you in full and you can be on your way. Apparently they don’t HAVE to give me any car at that stage, I’d have gone away with my deposit and no car... I could have ordered another and gone to the back of the list though.

That's right - the deal will be unpicked and you will get back whatever you put in. If you have finance I think you have to reject with the finance company depending on the product (pcp etc).

I paid cash for mine so it is really straightforward to be fair.

That's right - the deal will be unpicked and you will get back whatever you put in. If you have finance I think you have to reject with the finance company depending on the product (pcp etc).

That was no good for me, my S3 was gone and I’d have been without a car for 6-months. Had to turn down their repair because no way was I having a smart repair on a brand new car.

Difficult to see in the picture but once you’ve seen the difference in either side it’s quite noticeable

I paid cash also and have a van so I’m not stranded, dealers tomorrow and ask for their input

If you are going to do anything about it you have until the end of next week. Don't let them fob you off until the week after as you will then be outside the 30 day reject period.

Tell them they forgot to paint the parking sensors with clear coat from the factory as well.
All black FL rs3s have flat black sensors :grin: