Tail pipes

Ianski68

Reaction score
the tail pipes on my cab are curved downwards, not as nice as straight out the back. Apart from a whole new exhaust system what if any are my options

Thanks.

fit new tips, nice straight forward and easy, the only difficult part maybe choosing the best ones that you like.

you need to forget about the drop down part and remove it from the equation chap as with many aftermarket tips you need to remove some of the excess tail pipe and /or the curve to facilitate fitting new tips.
My pipes are straight with black tips tacked on from the factory, i will need to remove allmost half of the remaining pipe from the silencer box to get the right lenght of pipework left to fit my new tips on, its really not a massive job, but you'll need a small angle grinder to whip of the excess pipe as its a load quicker and easier than a hack saw.

Arghhh I see know. Ok. So it would be best for me then to get new tips first so I can see how much to cut off. Any good sites to get some new tips.

I think its one of those personal choice things with no real method involved but what ever works best for yourself.
I spent ages looking at tips, changed my mind so many times before commiting to buying a set and finally ended up with ones i really like.
there is an absolute shed load of threads on here on the subject, maybe worth having a trawl through to see what options are open to you, and there are a fair few to be honest, many will may include changing over your rear bumper valance , well if changing tip style or to dual tips or even oval etcs.
maybe choose a tip style that you are happy with first then go throught the sizing options to fit your application.

rob