Tail gateing

Toonsoldier91

It's my birthday
Reaction score
Dont know if it's just me but do people seem to tail gate the Audi driver more than other drivers ?? I've been noticing a lot of people tail gateing me in the last few weeks and one tonight that really annoyed me

Coming away from a meal with my other half down a 20mph street, dark setting in with kids still playing on the streets he comes up behind me with no lights on then tail gates me. After about a minute he puts his full beam on trying to blind me. This continued for about 5 minutes until we hit a national speed limit stretch of road and he tried doing a dangerous overtake ( nearly smashing into a barrier ) so I floored it and left him for dust.

Pritty nippy thing for being 150bhp dirty diesel.

If he had done that and my 6 month old was in the car I would have parked across the road so he couldn't have got past and dragged the yob out of his car.

So is it just me ??

Reactions: Nigeltdi4life
So is it just me ??

No. Lots of idiots out there who try to intimidate others so they can get past.
Doesn't matter what car you're in, you're in their way !

Reactions: Audi Bairn
I agree. Number 1 thing i hate about driving is tailgaters, It's like their tiny brains can't process that it is dangerous! Its like no one knows what the 2 second gap is anymore.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

I agree. Number 1 thing i hate about driving is tailgaters, It's like their tiny brains can't process that it is dangerous! Its like no one knows what the 2 second gap is anymore.

Exactly. I mainly keep my distance to minimise stone chips.

Exactly. I mainly keep my distance to minimise stone chips.
+1 on minimising stone chips.
In my younger years i would generally re act to tailgating but i seemed to of mellowed abit now. Just let them pass now but on the odd occasion i still floor it just to make a point.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nigeltdi4life
I'll be honest here sometimes i get frustrated and i can't help it but tailgate those bas***** that do 30mph on the 60mph country lane i take to work (usually a granny or woman in a honda jazz!) God i get frustrated even thinking about these people, the ones that unnecessarily brake all the time, braking and slowing down to 2mph for every corner, braking because there is a car coming down the opposite direction, slowing down because they are still in 5th gear labouring up the hill and then you see their car jerking when they downshift! I hate them!!!!! Lol

Reactions: rob261
I've not noticed it happen anymore in the Audi than my other cars. If the road and conditions permit i do enjoy letting them get parallel and then waiving as i leave them for dead on their nearside.

I never do it to others because I've had far too many brown trouser moments on the motorways when everyone just suddenly stops!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk