1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tacho backing plate, MPH to KPH

Bing_IRL Jan 26, 2009

1. Bing_IRL

Bing_IRL Member VCDS Map User

Hi Guys,

I bought an A4 2.0TDI B7 in the UK and have imported it into Ireland. I'm a stickler for detail and it's wrecking my head that it has an MPH odomoter.:banghead: I've had a look around Ebay to find a replacement backing plate but no luck. Anyone have any ideas? Maybe someone on the forum has done a KPH to MPH conversion & has the old one lying about?:shrug:

Cheers,
    Cathal

2. StagsyA4

StagsyA4 Member

I'd be interested in this too as i'll be moving to Cyprus in the summer so will need mine converting to kmh so I can register the car over there etc.

3. jwhat

jwhat Member VCDS Map User It's my birthday

I want to do this too, but you need a new cluster which can be found on ebay.de but i dont know if they can be coded to the car unless you go to a main dealer. I know golf's clusters can be changed pretty easily but as I said I dont know about a4's unfortunately. Anyone else have any info?

4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Can be done but just get a broken cluster on ebay & swap the faceplates over, did on my S3 8L when they facelifted the car in 00-01, remove cluster & take care removing needing & make sure you test the cluster before putting the front/back on so when you start car needles are all in right place etc, also clean very well for dust & little bits that lay on the clear plastic cause if you leave it, I can guarantee it will annoy the feck outta you when you see something in front of the DIS, lol, anyway then refit

5. jwhat

jwhat Member VCDS Map User It's my birthday

Ah thats a good idea i didnt think of that! But while I was looking for a kmh cluster I was looking for one with a colour DIS too. I dont know if it'll work, but i'll do a bit more reading on it and see.

6. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Changing to a colour DIS is a very involved job i think, there's a thread in the B6 section somewhere on it.