t8ups Xenon conversion done!

Khanage

Reaction score
So I popped over to see T8ups this morning for my halogen to xenon conversion. I had the standard halogens before, don't think we need before pictures of that!

Some after shots below. I opted for the matt black internals too, painted by T8ups in advance as i booked in with him over a week ago and went in today to exchange my headlights for the converted, painted set

First thoughts, the front end looks so much better with a good strong straight beam. I've not taken any night shots yet but I'll update when I have.

Overall, extremely happy with the finish, T8ups knows exactly what he's doing, as expected. Would recommend to anybody with halogen headlights atm.
Also the headlight looks out of whack on the passenger side because some cretin managed to drive in to my car on that side whilst it was parked. It'll be repaired soon so should be all good then

IMAG0859 1 1 1IMAG0858 1 1 IMAG0859 1 1 1 IMAG0857 1 IMAG0856 IMAG0855 1 IMAG0849 IMAG0850 IMAG0839

Reactions: Marc B7, unitzero, sidibear and 5 others
Nice subtile touch that makes a world of difference.

Reactions: Khanage
Trups worked his magic on my A3 8p halogen headlights just like Khanage, meant to get a thread up with pics but I've been super busy. The headlights look fantastic mate and so much more up to date.

You wont miss the rubbish halogen light output, these HID xenons are amazing and throw out so much light in the dark its unreal. And the high beam has a crazy output.

I'm well pleased with mine, glad Trups has another happy customer! :)

Reactions: t8ups and Khanage
Agreed, loving the clean light without blinding anybody
full beams are brilliant too as you get the xenon full beam as well as the original full beam alongside it
highly recommend it to anybody thinking about

Trups worked his magic on my A3 8p halogen headlights just like Khanage, meant to get a thread up with pics but I've been super busy. The headlights look fantastic mate and so much more up to date.

You wont miss the rubbish halogen light output, these HID xenons are amazing and throw out so much light in the dark its unreal. And the high beam has a crazy output.

Glad you are liking yours still, now the Dark days have come they will come into their own and the cost will be well worth it as I think we did yours early summertime right, enjoy them now its darker. :)

Just had clear lens upgrade done on mine and the difference is day and night quite literally! Big shout out to the main man Trups for supplying all the bits and all the help in getting it done.:salute:]

EDIT: Pictures and night shots to come soon.

Which HID conversion kit did you use for the actual bulbs?
The wiper motor seems to blow with most of them on the A3.

I'm loving mine Trups the light output is fantastic, my previous 'xenon' effect bulbs in my old halogen lights were just plain dangerous!

Hi Mattkeating, Trups supplied the projector lenses and the HID kit suitable for my car, they are 6000k, not sure on the bulbs, I'm sure Trups can answer that one.

Haven't had any problems with the wiper motor at all and I've used them a lot since they were installed. I think Trups has supplied a fair amount of these HID kits for the 8P.

Hi T8ups

Its great stuff what you have done to these a4's transformed the halogen lights to xenon incredible !!!!!. I also have a A4 B7 which i want to do the same too, can you please price me up on just supply the relevant parts required ie projectors , iris shrouds & the kits ?. Regards

Just what I've been looking for, after pics look cracking mate, very good job done.

Was wondering is this a complete new headlight that's fitted or just the xenons fitted into the exsisting lights?

Would be interested to find out if this is a better way than replacing my standard lights?

Reactions: t8ups
Wouldn't mind a bit more information on this as well please if possible - one of my standard halogen lenses is starting to cloud up a little so i'm looking at upgrades and options just now.

Wouldn't mind a bit more information on this as well please if possible - one of my standard halogen lenses is starting to cloud up a little so i'm looking at upgrades and options just now.

Get it done....ive had mine converted and theres a world of a difference both in looks and safety. @t8ups is awesome. just got to do a bit of fine tuning to make it perfect and then i'll be doing a write up with plenty of pics.

I've a set of T8ups ' s conversion projectors sitting, waiting, 'burning a hole in their boxes' to go into my 'lamps, just need a clear day to jump onto these.....

There's a youtube vid on one of T8ups's threads about these, I think its this one here:

Gives a good idea of what is involved in the job

Just what I've been looking for, after pics look cracking mate, very good job done.

Was wondering is this a complete new headlight that's fitted or just the xenons fitted into the exsisting lights?

Would be interested to find out if this is a better way than replacing my standard lights?

They will go into your standard lights, a great upgrade to do. Send me a PM and we can go through options.

Trups

what infomation do you need and i will help the best i can.

Trups

I was really wondering if you're selling these are complete units? Or whether you're just selling the kit to convert existing units?

Rough idea of costs?

I like the idea of a black set like in the original post.

I could be interested in a set of these at some point but a bit worried if the car would pass it's next MOT as it doesnt have auto level or washer jets.

You guys that have them fitted have you been through an MOT with them yet?

You wont have any drama with MOT's with these, some have been running them since NOV 2013 and I have had no reports of issues.

trups

Reactions: Euans2
Haven't had mine thru' it'd mot yet, tho' to be honest I Can't see them being an issue, just sticking in an HID kit with the beam all over the place would be more of a concern imho.

I wonder how your MOT is tolerating these aftermarked xenons ?
In Lithuania is not allowed to install HID conversions. Also when you install OEM xenon headlights you have to have headlight washers, otherwise your wont pass MOT.
How is it in UK ?

Reactions: Gc94
In the UK they will only test for headlight washers if fitted, if they are not fitted they cant test for them so cant fail them, if they are fitted and not working then they will fail.

interesting you say that, New mercs with the nice headlights are coming out the factory without washer jets so wonder what they will do to them in 3 years time?