T5 Fiasco

unkle

Beer God
Reaction score
Off on my holiday next week, flying from Heathrow to Montreal, booked it a few weeks ago and was disappointed when I found out I wouldnt be flying from Terminal 5 as it looked quite swanky and wouldnt of minded having a few hours looking around the place but still nevermind.

Fast forward three weeks and viva la Terminal 4!

Shocking how they couldnt get it right, all those years in the making and all that money they spent. Its headline news across Europe and BA/BAA/Willie Walsh are making the UK look like a right bunch of chumps. I remember when Bejing Airport opened and some newspaper writers were laughing because of a few spelling mistakes in English on some of the signs, not laughing now I suspect. BA claim its down to bad luck and a combination of other problems like Staff parking and people not knowing how to get to places but it doesnt seem to be getting better, BBC website said there was 15000 bags that were still waiting to be sorted.

Funnily enough Labour/Government havent said much, think secretly they are quite glad as its taken the heat off them in the last week.

And another thing, they ploughed billions into Northern Rock and yet they let Jaguar/Landrover go into foreign ownership again. Sure Jaguar is a bit of a dogs mess but Landrover are making money hand over fist. Its quite simple, buy them out and then get all the councils and public bodies to buy British and look after our own like the French and Germans do. Then all that money stays in this country/our pension funds and makes our trade deficit looks a tiny bit better....

I just had to make a trip to T5, very nice airport and free parking for the first 6 hours! So easy access also coming from the M40, it's basically right off the M25, you can actually see the Terminal, and takes no more than 5 minutes to get to parking.