T28 over K04??

howdy quattro

Reaction score
anyone had this upgrade?? and will a t28 bolt straight on? thinking of going for some bigger power and by the looks of it the k04 is only really bulletproof up to about 260bhp, and my k03 is running almost 210bhp now, and the whole setup with a k04 is almost 2k, all that for an extra 50bhp, whereas you see t28 applications on much higher horse power usage. so a t28 would be the better bet surely, any thoughts???

This is the dilemma I had with the red one but I had no choice once work dried up at the time. I was going for the upgraded turbo with manifold, injectors, Pistons....etc bla bla...and was going to set me back £3700 but that would have gave me 340 - 360bhp (cant quite remember the torque but it was nuts)...then there was another grand for the Uprated clutch(with Flywheel)....then £1200 for the right brake set up........then stiffening up the suspension which was around another £400!

Remember though Howdy - concentrate on the "torque" rather than the Bhp when your looking into the upgrade and you'll find when you weigh it up you could be saving yourself a Grand or so for the sake of 30-40bhp!:yes:

this is true master juss, how wise you are!!! hahaha!! but i'm still troubled by the reliability issues, i've seen hyprid k04s with parts of t28 guts in it, but i dunno if the compromise is worth it or if i should just sort out a new manifold that will hold the t28. ah, that reminds me, i might have to text you in a while, but i'll do it tomorrow if i dont forget so i dont interrupt you tonight! you might have some useful information for me seein as your jus down the road!!

this is true master juss, how wise you are!!! hahaha!! but i'm still troubled by the reliability issues, i've seen hyprid k04s with parts of t28 guts in it, but i dunno if the compromise is worth it or if i should just sort out a new manifold that will hold the t28. ah, that reminds me, i might have to text you in a while, but i'll do it tomorrow if i dont forget so i dont interrupt you tonight! you might have some useful information for me seein as your jus down the road!!

No probs mate, gis a bell tomorrow after midday if you want, we'll have a catch up!:icon_thumright:

i tell ya what, i'll do better than that, i work conti-shifts now so i'll have to pop over your way soon enough, tell ya all about my new bird and my plans for the cloudy!!!

haha, ok mate! let me know when you reckon it'll be and ill make sure Im here (if I aint working down lands end or up inverness!!!)