sytner audi huddersfield - bless em.

autolatry

Reaction score
So I rang Huddersfield Audi this morning to get a price form my head gasket replacing.
The lady said she would call me back. She called a few hours later and left a voicemail.
"sir, the cost for your head gasket replacing including parts, labour and vat will be £198"
As you can imagine I squeled with excitement, did a little jig and flew down to Huddersfield Audi to book it in thinking I was about to get one over on them (the HG kit is around £300 alone).
However once I was there and requested the quote in writing They basically told me to get f*#ked and said it would be £1300.

Oh well.

if you have the voicemail still and she specifically says something like your 'qoutation' or 'qoute' for the headgasket is X amount its legal ;) if she says estimate then its not.

just to help you out there. i work for a toyota main dealer and they send you on law courses all the time so mistakes like that dont happen. ;)

Unlucky pal, you should play the voicemail to them, then see what they say. :eyebrows:

Does she state the price for the head gasket repair will be? If she does I'd say that's a quote not a estimate, just depends how far you wanna take it really. There's no chance they will just roll over and accept it and do it at that price but if your willing to take it on then if they quoted a price not a estimate then the black and white of the law is that it's a verbal and legally binding contract

It was obviously a mistake and any judge would see that. I'm not sure I'd want to fight them for that price, they may get bitter & pour sugar in your tank or similar.

Mistake or not that's the black and white of the law.

If you rear end somebody by mistake it's still your fault and you still suffer the insurance claim or whatever else.

I'm not saying take them to court over it because its just not worth the hassle and it is a honest mistake. It's not like they have done a rubbish repair and you trying to recover the costs.