1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

symptoms of a CV joint?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by sitrials, Jun 13, 2008.

1. sitrials

sitrials Member

my right front wheel is clicking when going around corners i have been told it is a CV joint going?
    if so anyone had this and any info on where they got their new joint from was it audi only?? if so how much?
    I have a part number of 1J0498099EX to replace!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. danotto

danotto VAG HUNTER

my drivers side out cv boot split a while ago and got that from gsf,i think you can also get the driveshaft from them also,im not sure if you can get a cv joint on its own i thought you could only get a new driveshaft.i may be wrong.but before you spalsh you cash check your wishbones etc as well and bushes as it could be something daft like that.

4. 1animal1

1animal1 The Clar!! it mouves!!!
    VCDS Map User

normally they put your car on full lock whilst moving to check for clicking...so highly likely to be what you have said

5. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

if its a S3 the cv joint can be purchased from audi for £110 iirc, all spurious suppliers all supplied me with the wrong cv joint so id recommend just going to audi ( if its a S3)

6. sitrials

sitrials Member

£97 with my ''trade'' discount and its a exchange part with a surcharge of £35 if not returned which the guy wavved for me.
    Hes a legend, VW can no longer order audi parts but i've been going to him for years now, so all he does is cross reference the part number required to a VW and bingo! hes now started giving me discount.

7. juntz

juntz New Member

Had mine changed last week, approx 92 quid incl VAT from GSF non-exchange. Hope that helps

8. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

GSF actaully had the correct cv joint for the S3 ??? they couldn`t get me the right one.

9. juntz

juntz New Member

Yeh straight off the shelf

10. sitrials

sitrials Member

wow thats strange unfortunately the new one opened it peterborough and they employeed a bunch of retards who only know JAP cars!

11. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

dont worry the one near me gave me the wrong part then on rechecking said there was another but they didn`t stock it .

12. smo

smo TDi Power

Hmm, i got a quote for this earlier from Audi for my 1.9TDi, £185+ vat parts only, £120+ vat to fit :(

Bloody daylight robbery, over £200 for a CV! does anyone have a workshop procedure for changing one?