1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Symphony Upgrade

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Steve111, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Steve111

Steve111 New Member

[Feb 13, 2004]
    Just bought a symphony Audio system from a 2002 A4 and I would like to fit it to my 2002 A4 which currently just has a Chorus System in. Is it possible? Is it a big job? What other parts will I need?
    Any instructions/advice would be great

Thanks in anticipation

Steve
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 23, 2014]

3. Anito

Anito Member

[Feb 13, 2004]
    If your replacing single DIN to Single DIN then I expect it to be a simple job.

If the new one is double DIN, then you'll need a new facia / console. - They cost a few quid.
  4. danksy

danksy Member

[Feb 16, 2004]
    Steve,

Is this the symphony HU with built in 6 CD changer?

If so it is double din size and therefore you will require a double din size hole to put it in.

Any chance of a photo of the back of the Symphony Head Unit? In my instruction book it says the head unit can accept another CD changer (other than the inbuilt one), so I just wanted to check by looking at the various connections on the back!

Cheers
    Nick
  5. danksy

danksy Member

[Feb 17, 2004]
    See the attached pics

6. danksy

danksy Member

[Feb 17, 2004]
    Dude, I also have found out that the "02 A4 uses the CAN bus for illumination thus if you want to light up the display you'll need to hardwire it. I found a post on audiworld forums. Do a search for Symphony A4.

Cheers & Good luck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif