1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Symphony Upgrade

Steve111 Feb 13, 2004

1. Steve111

Steve111 New Member

Just bought a symphony Audio system from a 2002 A4 and I would like to fit it to my 2002 A4 which currently just has a Chorus System in. Is it possible? Is it a big job? What other parts will I need?
    Any instructions/advice would be great

Thanks in anticipation

Steve

2. Anito

Anito Member

If your replacing single DIN to Single DIN then I expect it to be a simple job.

If the new one is double DIN, then you'll need a new facia / console. - They cost a few quid.

3. danksy

danksy Member

Steve,

Is this the symphony HU with built in 6 CD changer?

If so it is double din size and therefore you will require a double din size hole to put it in.

Any chance of a photo of the back of the Symphony Head Unit? In my instruction book it says the head unit can accept another CD changer (other than the inbuilt one), so I just wanted to check by looking at the various connections on the back!

Cheers
    Nick

4. danksy

danksy Member

See the attached pics

5. danksy

danksy Member

Dude, I also have found out that the "02 A4 uses the CAN bus for illumination thus if you want to light up the display you'll need to hardwire it. I found a post on audiworld forums. Do a search for Symphony A4.

Cheers & Good luck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif