Symphony Upgrade Help (Broken on day 2)

iyrix

Reaction score
Hey All,

I've found a few answers I need, but now stuck. Got a 2004 with Symphony 2. It died after two days of having the car. Sounds like a bag of nails is stuck inside.

How do I know if the system is amplified? (it's not Bose)

I plan on upgrading the stereo with a single din Bluetooth unit. Like I've done in the A4 (massive thread somewhere)

Any help would be great.

Cheers
G.

I am sure there is an amplifier in the Symphony units but some of the cars speakers may be amplified separately. Are you asking about an A3 or an A4 as your sig says you have an A4. Probably better posting in the A4 section in that case....

A3 my friend! i'll update sig at some point. :)

I think it has an amp.

Cant decide now on Double or Single din.

Anyone got pictures of after market stereos in their cars?

Cheers
G

I had every intention of keeping my HU as a standard affair, but the RNS-E fell short on functionality for the price! so I chose a Pioneer AVIC-F940BT. I bought it & got it fitted for less than the Audi Unit costs without fitting, it has proper Bluetooth Audio streaming, Parrott BT Calling, iPod, iPhone, 32GB MicroSD Card & Android compatibility aaaaand it plays DVD movies, it has removable buttons & is also coded for security! I don't regret ditching my perfectly serviceable Concert II+ for a second. :laugh:

IMG 1959 IMG 1942 IMG 2015

get a double din head unit mate! dont go back to single... just makes it look more ugly then it needs to be.

also you wont need to worry about the amplified part as you dont have bose the front speakers are wired directly to the headunit where the rear speakers are wired into the crappy tin amp in the boot (passenger side) which is attached to the chocolate sub hidden behind the boot carpet.

I have a pioneer AVH-8400BT in mine and im loving it! here are a couple pics for you:

8cd4d48b.jpg

227fcf5b.jpg

a54c0fc6.jpg

028a33ff.jpg

thanks guys! Very smart!

i've gone for a double din, but i've got a smaller budget so just gone for the JVC with built in Bluetooth.

will get some snaps up when its installed. :)