1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Symphony out sat nav in

Turkster Feb 2, 2008

1. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

i dont normaly mess with my radio units, but iv got a Symphony head unit and a tom tom stuffed in my windscreen, so iv been looking to get rid if the tom tom and get a audi sat nav system,

iv got bose
    Symphony head unit now, but i want to take out the Symphony and add this, Audi A4/S4 2000-2004 Navigation Plus DX nav 8EO035192B

ebay item number 280196410089

but before i order one like that, will i have any issues with bose ? is it pull out and plug in connect antenna and slot back in ? iv ordered a glove box 6 cd changer so the cd issue is fine,

anyone ?

Paul

2. Issac Hunt

Issac Hunt Active Member VCDS Map User

Thats an RNS-D, waste of money IMO. Spend the extra cash for an RNS-E instead.

3. Turkster

is that the one with Tv built in? can you point me in the right direction to find a unit ?:icon_thumright:

4. Turkster

5. Issac Hunt

6. Turkster

do you know where id get one or what they are called on ebay ? price ? where they go?

thanks

Paul

7. Issac Hunt

Search for 'RNS-E' or something like 'Audi TV tuner'. You wont find many TV tuners about though I imagine. As they werent fitted to that many cars and the picture quality is pretty poor. The new digital reciever may change that but as it costs over a grand I wont be buying one to find out!

TV tuners usually live in the boot, you can of course get an aftermarket one, Google is your friend.

I dunno why you want one though? You cant safely watch it while driving and I usually watch TV at home in comfort!