1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Symphony II with NAV

var679 Sep 30, 2007

1. var679

var679 New Member

Hi,

recently joined the forum and after some advice please.

I have a 54 a4 avant sport. The car has a symphony II with Bose and sat nav. The Navigation is displayed via the centre information display.

The question I have is re the fitting of a parrot kit.

I have fitted the kit using the Tel + & - input, pin 3&4 on the rear of the Symphony II head unit. The mute function is wired via pin 1. Power is all in place and the system works fine, until I turn the ignition on.

When the ignition is off, the stereo mutes and sound can be head from the speakers. When I turn the ignition on, the mic still operates but no sound is available through the speakers.

If I disconnect the NAV inputs from the same multi plug (Nav + & -, the parrot works fine with the ignition on.

The label of the Symphony II only shows the NAV inputs and not the tel. I have read that a 5k resistor is required to the + tel line due to input voltage, but would this cause this issue, should I be connecting the parrot through the Nav system which then feeds the Symphony unit?

Any advice would be welcome as I use this car and really need the parrot working.

thanks

Dave