Symphony II to Symphony I = No front speakers?

Reesy

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I made a temporary switch from a symphony II to a Symphony I in my 2002 A3. Ever since then, I have no ignition live or front speakers. Not bothered about the ignition, and know that it's because the SI is older and powered in a different way to the SII. I was just wondering if there is a way of getting the front speakers to work though? I know they work as they did before and I'm pretty sure my phone kit also comes through them.

Thanks is advance

Reesy

You need to recode the HU for non Bose to turn back on the internal amp in the HU. The Symphony I must have been previously in a Bose equipped car and as such would have the internal amp turned off as all speakers run off a separate amp. Your A3 must be non Bose as the front speakers run off the internal amp in the HU

You need to recode the HU for non Bose to turn back on the internal amp in the HU. The Symphony I must have been previously in a Bose equipped car and as such would have the internal amp turned off as all speakers run off a separate amp. Your A3 must be non Bose as the front speakers run off the internal amp in the HU
I'm very impressed :) the car is a non Bose and the hu comes up with Bose. Is this something that can be done via vcds or on the unit itself, or is it an Audi only mission? Thanks or your help.

It's a VCDS setting, separate from the Bose coding, but in the same area

Last edited:
Found the page, but thanks a lot for your help. I'll update how it goes.

GREAT SUCCESS. This is why I love this forum, thanks a lot.