Symphony II to RNS-E

goodbuzzman1

Reaction score
hi. I recently upgraded from a symphony II to an RNS-E. I did a bit of research before the swap and saw that you had to change the Bose pin from one location to another however.... I whacked the stereo straight in without any swapping of pins just so Audi could get me the stereo code. I expected there to be no audio but to my surprise, everything is just working. A bit weird no?

It should still work without the Bose pin being moved - you just don't get the 'limtations' that Bose impose to control the sound by moving the pin. A lot of RNS-E owners run without Bose as they can adjust the bass beyond what Bose allow, but I tried this and personally didn't like it.

It should still work without the Bose pin being moved - you just don't get the 'limtations' that Bose impose to control the sound by moving the pin. A lot of RNS-E owners run without Bose as they can adjust the bass beyond what Bose allow, but I tried this and personally didn't like it.
interesting, i found that without moving the bose pin my system is ridiculously bass heavy and im not happy with the sound. Ill switch it tonight and see what happens

Hey, i am planning to swap my symphonyII to RNS-E, and I have Bose audio. What pin should i move, or what is the deal with the pin?

I found with the bose pin in the original way, each time I used the indicators I had an interference sound each time they flashed. after moving the pin it was perfect.

This new car of mine had it fitted standard but now I find that if I have music on it keeps ramping up the bass more and more until theirs a break in the tune where it returns to normal. Want to fix it but not a clue how to

And what if you get the Kufatec adapter for RNS-E. That should be prepared for the Bose sound system.