1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Symphony II+ Bose equalizer settings via VCDS

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Jameze, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Jameze

Jameze James

Hi guys,

As you're no doubt aware, the older generations of the Symphony headunit were able to access a hidden equalizer menu by holding a series of buttons etc, but this isn't possible with the newer model from what I understand.

I do recall however reading somewhere (almost positive it was these forums) that it was possible to change the equalizer settings for the Symphony Gen II+ to get a bit more bass etc via VCDS?

It wasn't so much an 'equalizer' as such, but a setting that defined whether the car was petrol/diesel and the interior leather/cloth (to do with sound absorption and the louder diesel engines etc).

My car will be hooked up to VCDS next weekend and whilst it is I wouldn't mind playing with these settings (change from leather to cloth for hopefully a little more power). The subwoofer, even with Bose, is pathetic...

I wish I could afford the AndyMac Stealth Sub upgrade :( this will have to be the poor man's alternative (for now!).

I've tried searching the forums for this old thread but am having no luck - does anyone remember it? Can anyone find it??

Cheers :)
  2. Jameze

Jameze James

FYI - This might have been what I read, can't quite remember! I'm not sure if it's a TT exclusive thing though... or if something similar exists on the A3... not too savvy on all this VAGCOM malarkey :think:

I'll see if it's possible next weekend when it's plugged in. I'm bored of the BOSE setup; I've heard more bass come out of my Great-Grandmother's gramophone!