Symphony II+ and iPod kit

steve184

Reaction score
Now the symphony II can display more info does it show track names etc from ipod? If it doesn't, Audi have missed the point here???? What is the point of changing to a more detailed display if u dont put it to good use???

steve

ps anyone got any inof on this blasted ipod kit cos im really not sure ik understand how it works properly??? apparently you can only access 5 'pre-defined' playlists? if thats the case and you need to 'pre-define' them with a computer beforehand whats the point of taking an ipod with you with 5,000 tracks on it??? may aswell just burn them to 6 mp3 cds at least then you can leave them in your car whereas ipod u cant

i just dont gettit

Although the new Symphony is double DIN (so is the Concert too) with the larger display, the iPod is still connected via the CD changer port. So no chance of getting the track info to the display. I suppose Audi have missed the point, they have a part solution. I guess we may see something better in the future.

I think buttons 1 to 6 are mapped to the first 6 playlists. If you can wait till January I'll let you know how it works as I have speced it in my new car. ;)

Have a quick read though this thread for some other info-
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=29652