Symphony II and Dension Icelink Plus

dik

Reaction score
Hi All,

Was just wondering if the head unit on an A3 Sline TDI - symphony II BOSE (in dash cd changer,etc..) will support my Dension Icelink (currently connected to me S3 concert HU?)

The Concert has an ext cd changer, but the Sympony II is one unit?

Can it be done?? or is my icelink useless?

Cheers

Dik

it can be done just as easily as your Concert, and you will retain the single CD too.

Not so sure about that... if your A3 is the next generation it may not work...

Cheers madvw i'll look into this a bit more, Will I need a different adaptor for the icelink?

Take that back... its only A6 & 8 that dont work after 2003

[ QUOTE ]
Cheers madvw i'll look into this a bit more, Will I need a different adaptor for the icelink?

[/ QUOTE ]

it depends on what connector you've got already. If its the same as my S3, i was supplied with the VAG-20 pin piggy back connector - not the VAG-8 Pin connector (blaupunkt style mini-iso). This way, the ice-link harness plugs into the HU, then the OEM iso plugs into the ice-link harness.

You just need to take a look behind your new stereo to see if it uses the 8-pin or 20 pin connector, and buy the appropriate cable, which IIRC is about £20.

I can only see the differences between the 8L and 8P concert 2's being to do with the DIS and facia changes, but as the ice-link only connects to the CD-changer wires, i can't see a reason why it wouldnt work? anyone else?

it will work. Symphony 2 has in built 6 cd and the external cdc connector is empty so you can plug the ice link plus in there. I had this setup on my old a4.

cheers for the info guys, am picking the car up on saturday and need my tunes asap..

thanks again

dik