Symphony II 8L Disc Read Error

J88CWD

Reaction score
Please excuse the non technical language that I may use!!

Ok, the problem I have...

Audi A3 2.0 TDi 54 Reg Symphony II 8L BOSE 6CD Changer

Basically, each of the 6CD units seam to be extremely tempremental. I have one data CD that works in all 6 units however no other data CD works at all. Originally I put this down to the make/model of data disc so I tried an official CD. This worked in 2 out of 6 of the units. I then tried another official CD and this worked in 1 out of 6 units but it was one of the units that the first official CD didn't work in.

With each CD that is input into each of the 6 units it sounds as though the unit is failing to find the start of the CD but how can it not find the start on an official CD?

I just find this pretty preculiar and wondered if anyone else has experienced similar issues or if anyone can suggest a fix to this issue.

Data CD: Blank disc with music written onto
Official CD: CD purchased from HMV etc..
*Thought I better clarify!

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried a lens cleaner?
Sounds like it's borderline filthy and just needs a clean.
Also what data CD's are you using?
You should really use ones designed for Audio, rather than data, like TDK Audio CD-R's
Also burn them at a slower speed, rather than the default maximum speed.

Thank you for such a rapid reply.

I do use Audio CDs, and have tried varying the write speed. However it is both CDs purchased from a store and manually written that do not work and certain discs work in certain units and others don't.

I will try the lens cleaner...will I have to do this in each unit or is the lens specific to the overall unit?

Brought a CD lens cleaner and that seems to have done the trick!! Thanks alot!!