1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Symphony II 8L Disc Read Error

J88CWD Jan 4, 2011

1. J88CWD

J88CWD New Member

Please excuse the non technical language that I may use!!

Ok, the problem I have...

Audi A3 2.0 TDi 54 Reg Symphony II 8L BOSE 6CD Changer

Basically, each of the 6CD units seam to be extremely tempremental. I have one data CD that works in all 6 units however no other data CD works at all. Originally I put this down to the make/model of data disc so I tried an official CD. This worked in 2 out of 6 of the units. I then tried another official CD and this worked in 1 out of 6 units but it was one of the units that the first official CD didn't work in.

With each CD that is input into each of the 6 units it sounds as though the unit is failing to find the start of the CD but how can it not find the start on an official CD?

I just find this pretty preculiar and wondered if anyone else has experienced similar issues or if anyone can suggest a fix to this issue.

Data CD: Blank disc with music written onto
    Official CD: CD purchased from HMV etc..
    *Thought I better clarify!

Thanks in advance.

2. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Have you tried a lens cleaner?
    Sounds like it's borderline filthy and just needs a clean.
    Also what data CD's are you using?
    You should really use ones designed for Audio, rather than data, like TDK Audio CD-R's
    Also burn them at a slower speed, rather than the default maximum speed.

3. J88CWD

J88CWD New Member

Thank you for such a rapid reply.

I do use Audio CDs, and have tried varying the write speed. However it is both CDs purchased from a store and manually written that do not work and certain discs work in certain units and others don't.

I will try the lens cleaner...will I have to do this in each unit or is the lens specific to the overall unit?

4. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

No there's just a single lens

5. J88CWD

J88CWD New Member

Brought a CD lens cleaner and that seems to have done the trick!! Thanks alot!!