1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Symphony HU into a Mk4 Golf?

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by BahnStormer77, Jul 26, 2009.

1. BahnStormer77

BahnStormer77 BahnStormer

[Jul 26, 2009]
    I know - kinda asking in the wrong place for this, but I AM also asking on the VW forums!

A friend has a 2-DIN tape-deck + CD player in his Mk4 Golf that's gone a bit nuts (tape/radio is still fine, but CD is stuffed) and he's had a quick look in Hal-frauds and didn't like the bling and he's looking for a 2-DIN replacement... so I suggested he look into picking up one of the Sympony (or ideally Symphony II+) units.

Is this a reasonably easy connection? Just need the right plugs and it's a 5 min swap-over job or am I getting him into a world of pain here?

I know - I suggested a 2-DIN SatNAv, MP3, etc (Pioneer AVIC-F700 or similar).... but he's only got £100 or so to play with, already has a TomTom that he'd be very happy with any 2-DIN CD shuffle and we can get a reconditioned Symphony for about £80 inc delivery...
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 30, 2014]

3. BahnStormer77

BahnStormer77 BahnStormer

[Jul 27, 2009]
    Is the Concert connector the same as the Symphony?

If so, I can test his setup with my old Concert head unit and make sure the plugs match :)