symphony 2

S3 SAF

Reaction score
evening guys i was wondering if someone can help me out. i have an 2003 s3 and my symphony 2 is playing up so need to replace it as im going to be selling the car soon so if anyone on here has one of no use could you please let me know as i need to get one soon as.
cheers

Two A4 Symphonys on ebay going cheap at the minute, just swap the face plate over from your current unit. (As long as the fault isnt with the faceplate of course)

The fault is with the actual 6 cd loader inside the unit. sorry mayr but when you say face plate what do you mean?

Sounds like the same problem i had mate. I mean the black plastic front of the unit with the buttons and screen on. It is a different shape on different audi models. I bought an A6 unit. The faceplate just unscrews (four small cross heads iirc) then unplugs from the main unit, it has one multi pin connector. You can therefore buy an A4 or A6 unit from the same sort of year and fit it into your S3 as I did buy switching the faceplates over. Just check the year of the unit your buying and that is a Symphony 2 and not the symphony 1 which are different. If you look at them you will notice the symphony 2's have a different button layout. Hope this helps.

Oh and make sure any unit you buy comes with the code as without it, its useless as Audi wont issue them except to the owner of the car it was originally fitted too.

cheers mate for all ur help ill keep you podted on how i get on.