Symphony 2 Upgrade options

Cyrix

Reaction score
Yup..I had that, just get an RNSE and have a proper satnav and 2 SD slots ........Fits straight in a 2004.

DSC_0009d.jpg

Last edited:
RNS-E is your only option tbh, I tried upgrading to this:

CONCERT_III.jpg

But you have to change some of the wiring and the radio reception will be messed up as Audi has changed the way the radio works from 2007 onwards.

I suspected RNS-E would be the way forward.

jbOo - It was the concert I was hoping would fit, how much wiring needs to be altered? thankfully I don't listen to any of the guff on the radio so lack of radio reception would not really be missed.

"Fits straight into a 2004"

What about the sharkfin for the GPS receiver? At present my car has no ariel (apart from the one built into the rear window) and this'd need to be fitted to get the satnav function working.

is the RNS-E touchscreen or operated by the stick on the right side?

"Fits straight into a 2004"

What about the sharkfin for the GPS receiver? At present my car has no ariel (apart from the one built into the rear window) and this'd need to be fitted to get the satnav function working.

is the RNS-E touchscreen or operated by the stick on the right side?

It's operated by the "stick" as you call it. It's not touchscreen

What about the sharkfin for the GPS receiver?

The RNS-e doesn't use the sharkfin, thats for the built in phone reciever. The GPS module will be installed somewhere out of sight behind the dash, normally behind the instrument binacle.

Thanks beanoir / sub39h.

Btw, I actually find the symph 2 handy, I've got a iPod cassette adaptor and it works very well! £1.50 for the tape as oppose to the £30+ connector that you need to plug in the back.

Though there is 1 downside in that you have to turn on airplane mode on your iPhone to stop the signal interfering with the speakers. works fine with my iPod though.

it's the Audi OEM satnav unit - it comes with a single slot DVD payer (can't use nav and listen to music simultaneously) and 2 SD cards. it has 2 major variants, the mk1 and the MY10+ mk2 versions. you can tell the difference as the later ones have a "MEDIA" button, and have better iPod functionality, a higher res screen and can accommodate more types of SD card but they're roughly double the price.

they fit straight into the double DIN slot, but older cars need a quadlock adapter and they ALL need coding.

they're only suitable for cars with DIS.