1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swirls/ Spiders webs

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Shaunos, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Shaunos

Shaunos New Member

[Sep 3, 2013]
    Caught a glimpse of my metallic black Audi today. The paint/Lacquer is very swirly and looks like spiders webs all over it. What's the best product to remove these? Or am I best of getting it done by a detailer.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. ruairi83

ruairi83 Active Member

[Sep 3, 2013]
    Pay a detailer to do it right as tut won't regret it honestly. Worth every penny
  4. ultramodz

ultramodz 06 A4 2.0T FSi S-Line SE

[Sep 3, 2013]
    Yup, a professional detailer will be able to offer a paint correction service.

Even if you have the kit, it will still take a lot of time and patience, so paying a professional is a good option. You're also paying for their experience and expertise. For example, Audi paint tends to be pretty tough, so they'll know the best products to use to get great results.
  5. Shaunos

Shaunos New Member

[Sep 3, 2013]
    Anyone know of any good detailers near Newton Abbot, Devon?
  6. sidibear

sidibear Looking for Zombies !! Staff Member Moderator

[Sep 3, 2013]
    Poorboys Blackhole is a glaze that contains fillers that will hide the swirls and spiders webs. Its easy to apply by hand or machine. Its only a temporary fix though and will need a proper polish to get rid of them.
    Once applied you will need to seal it with either a sealant like Auto Glym extra gloss protection and / or a good wax.
  7. J8TT X

J8TT X Member

[Sep 4, 2013]
    I would get a detailer to do a paint correction then start a routine of washing the car yourself and every so often polish and wax the car to make sure you keep the paint in good condition.
  8. Big Pumpa

Big Pumpa Member

[Sep 4, 2013]
    I've got Poor Boys Black Hole and also Poor Boys Natty Paste. Is this Natty paste enough to seal?