1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swirls in paintwork

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by steveos3, Nov 25, 2009.

1. steveos3

steveos3 Member

Hi all,
    While filling up at the garage the other evening, i noticed light swirls over the car under the forcourt lights, i purchased a Jeffs Werkstat acriylic kit last year, which ive used a few times now and very happy with the results, but after getting the car washed while out shopping a few times, i think this is where the swirls have come from. I'm guessing using sponges or dirty wash mitts. Anyhow my question is would my Werkstat kit remove the swirls or do i need something a little more agessive? Any advise would be great.
    Thanks Steveo
  2. rowdyboy

rowdyboy Member

The werkstat will not remove swirl marks, you need a polish for that.
  3. WX51TXR

WX51TXR Polished Bliss

Hi Steveo, as above, Werkstat only protects, so in this case you will need to consider the use of a proper light abrasive polish. I suggest you grab a cuppa and read these two in-depth guides about polishing process and which polish to choose...

What does polishing do? - http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/what-does-polishing-do.html

What polish should I use? - http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/what-polish-should-i-use.html

In the second guide, there are appropriate sections about polishing hard audi paint by hand or machine, both of which make product recommendations.

:icon_thumright:
  4. steveos3

steveos3 Member

Many thanks for your reply, after several cuppa's! your links were very imformative so thanks, i've had a look at your website, now all i have to do is choose a polish and you'll be getting an order from me, plus a few extra's. I'll be talking the missus into getting them for xmas presents!