1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swirl marks and small chips

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by madmanrsvr, Jan 15, 2014.

1. madmanrsvr

madmanrsvr Member

help needed,
    i have a black a3 with swirl marks and stone chips and was wondering wot is the best to use as i will have to do it by hand.
    i have read others have tryed fillers but they wash out,at the moment i use citrus pre wash then autoglym shampoo, autoglym super resin then extra gloss protection,the thing is if i use a filler is it best to remove all the polish.
    i have clayed the car before the polish.
  2. Brodster

Brodster Shark Performance In Scotland Regional Rep Site Sponsor

Afew of my customers have bought Angelwax Dark Angel which is a wax designed for darker cars although I have heard that some use it on all cars. Have a chat with Robbieweb as he posted up a thread with is 10 plate Phantom Black TDI as he had the same problems as yourself and the end result was very impressive.
    RobbieWebs likes this.
  3. R90 STL

R90 STL Active Member

give autoglym super resin polish a go! it is dumby proof and gives nice results

before (after respray and before paint correction as a temporary fix) the paint was milky and nasty

before.jpg

after some elbow grease and the use of some autoglym SRP and I was left rather impressed with the results

after.jpg
  4. RobbieWebs

RobbieWebs Active Member

Angelwax Dark Angel is a must on black cars. 2 coats applied leaves a fantastic finish which covers imperfections very well.
    Best iv used :)
    sabaxter likes this.
  5. madmanrsvr

madmanrsvr Member

At the moment i am using autoglym super resin polish and then autoglym extra gloss protection,is it worth buying dark angel instead of egp or use it on top for extra protection?

I have dug out me old polishing machine and going to give that a go as i have not used it for a long time as i have not had a car worth using it on till now lol.

I have got Autoglym Paint Renovator as this was cheap and not to agresive as i am a total novice with a polishing machine and dont wont to damage my paint work as i cant afford a re spray at the moment lol
    RobbieWebs likes this.