1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swine Flu Pandemic

voorhees Jun 11, 2009

1. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator Black Edition Team Brill Red

Anyone worried with the upgrade in status of it ?
    It seems strange how the authorities seem to be a bit more serious about it (do they know more)?

2. Igdos

Igdos Member

Yes - especially because it's particularly bad up here in Scotland for some reason :ohmy:

3. 10blazin

10blazin HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

yeah because its probably planned get your masks kiddo i looked up the ones you need and the builders dust masks with respirator are the ones you need im gona hibernate till this ***** is gone lol

4. dc240969

dc240969 Member VCDS Map User

did you read about the woman who had swine flu and had a baby. they must of called it piglet.:asskicking:

5. emery1990

emery1990 Active Member

78000 cases world wide!! out of 7billion

6. 10blazin

yeah that all good now lets see if it stays that way ...it may not HAPPEN but take that attitude and before you know it youle be coffing up blood in ER

7. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Really, I thought it was worse in Birmingham, the other side of town from me thankfully, but it's still down the road! :scared2:

8. Neilybabs

Neilybabs New Member

Where do you buy your pork from jojo?!

9. Wai-Fan

Wai-Fan Member

Didn't know swime flu was that serious! Don't more people die from the 'normal' flu anyway?

10. 10blazin

it is normal flu just came from pigs , and if it does become worldwide the potential is serious it will take alot of people out if the government dont deel with it feel sorry for the 3rd world really probably africa wil take the brunt just like everything else world health organisation ??? mmmm dont trust em as far as i can throw em ...the last major pandemic which was spanish flu i think took out betwwen 50 and 100 million and that was h5n1 like bird flu

11. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

ive heard it only lats about a weeeeeeeek

12. MintyS3

MintyS3 Works 60% the time, Everytime.

Yes it just another strain of flu. Because is came from pigs the human immune system isnt ready for it.

They will be a performing a nation wide vacination shortly.

13. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

From my meat supplier, not really enquired where it's from though...

14. jojo

They are lucky it's not a MANFLU Pandemic!

15. Neilybabs

Neilybabs New Member

Now that would mean trouble lol. I'm one of those people that never really worries about much. If it happens it happens c'est la vie! How many people have actually died from it though?

16. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

I work in Birmingham city centre and my gf lives very close to some of the swine flu cases but I'm really not worried.

17. Nic

Nic Member

I think it's only a worry for old people or people who need the normal flu vaccination beacuse that won't protect yo from swine flu. It's no worse than normal flu for people that are usually healthy. A school not far from me had a case and they shut it for a week to stop it spreading

18. 10blazin

thats not exacly true the 1918 epidemic that wiped about 50 to 100 million people out killed mostly fit and healthy young to middle aged people because the stronger the immune system the worse it hit ...the mad thing is ive read theyve extracted this virus and feck knows why have it in a lab doin reserch on it wouldnt be supprised if it ends up a weopon............ lol