Sweeping led turn signal indicators

Saw these today on an A7 - very smooth indeed. Would also be interested to know if it's possible

It was possible with the A3 Concept,

but somewhere along the way Audi Compromised the hell out of the A3 and we ended up with some what upgraded B5 A4.

We would need multi channel LED clusters for this, but our cars only have single channel :(

There are modules you can by which you wire between the car and the clusters which sorta do this but it's not great, costs about £150 a corner also!

Last edited:
Would love these. Agree that they look amazing, have seen them on a black A7 near where I live!

Closest i could get was this using VCDS

I must admit they look good, but as the driver you won't see them working unless you catch a reflection:blink:

Reactions: KenL
You won't but everyone else will

Saw a facelifted Q3 with them the other day and I personally think they are much more noticeable to the driver behind.

I would just add the Q3's indicator sweep appeared to be a bit slower than the one in the OP's video.

Got them on my current car, must admit, you never really get bored of them

Reactions: richinsoton and amped2
Only available with extra modules.
This is mine:

It's clear from some the videos posted that VCDs don't enabled dynamic indication like shown in the OP or from the 2011 A3 Concept demo.

A shame, since I always thought Audi just didn't enable it. I didn't know they compromise on the tech for the rear lights as well.

Now every new Audi under the sun for 2016 model year and on is getting all the tech that should have been on the 8V A3.

Saw a facelifted Q3 with them the other day and I personally think they are much more noticeable to the driver behind.

I would just add the Q3's indicator sweep appeared to be a bit slower than the one in the OP's video.
When I was collecting my S4 I also saw a FL Q3 with these on

Kinda cool looking even to an' ole' dawg like me :laugh:

Reactions: Pulp84
These were on an S5 Cabriolet on the M4 heading towards Carmarthen last week.
Looks really good and proper hi-tech.

Felt a pang of the Green-Eyed Monster from all fronts - The S quad exhausts and the Indicators.

Really nice car though - and not too dissimilar from the A3 from a distance !!

Advanced in car have been working with a company in Germany to add a module to get it to sweep. No indication of this working on an a3 8v. They have tested this on a number of audis.

Reactions: glospete and Rob2k68
^^^ Wow , not cheap but must say they look pretty convincing.

Reactions: Usman786
I like them....

Until i saw that new citroen ds3 has them

Here you go

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 00.51.38.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 00.51.38.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 4,251
Reactions: amped2
One thing to bear in mind, this coding is not legal in the UK... but saying that I have had this active for a good few months and have not been pulled up for it.

I had a reply from Tim at Advanced In Car to confirm that the modules do NOT work on the A/S3 8V.

dammit, shame. did he come back saying if there was plans to get something like this working on the a3?

Only if Audi make hardware changes in the facelift so doesn't sound promising !

I would of thought that it's very likely the facelift will include these as standard (well with the led rear lights)

I would of thought that it's very likely the facelift will include these as standard (well with the led rear lights)

I agree too. Prob should have said doesn't sound promising for current 8V.

Here you go

I have tried this and confirm they work. However, I noticed there was a error with module 09 Central Electronics after enabling this tweak.

526359 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded
U1014 00 [009] - -
Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 249
Mileage: 17923 km
Date: 2016.05.12
Time: 14:38:18

Clearing the error doesn't help. It just reappear immediately upon checking fault code again.
Reverting the changes back to stock and the above error won't reappear after clearing it.

Anyone seen the facelift A3's sweeping indicators?

Edit: Found it!

4:26 shows the front sweeping indicators (awesome!)
5:03 shows the rear sweeping indicators (not as nice as the A6)

Reactions: pburv
Yes seen that, you get the rears with the LED headlamps, standard on the sline and above, the front sweeping indicators only come with the matrix headlamps...

Reactions: Ignition1
Yes seen that, you get the rears with the LED headlamps, standard on the sline and above, the front sweeping indicators only come with the matrix headlamps...

Oh really?? I thought the fronts were standard as well. That's a shame - would've made sense to offer sweeping on front and back as standard.

But then I guess how else will Audi push Matrix lamps onto us...

Reactions: richinsoton