1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swear Box required

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Spin140, May 22, 2007.

1. Spin140

Spin140 Active Member

[May 22, 2007]
    Picked the S3 up on Saturday morning, looks great in silver and makes a real change from black for me.

The car has lots of optional extras included and was 'used' but only for 1,768 miles, the one thing missing is a swear box !!!

What a fun car the S3 is, it surprises me just how quick it feels, so much so that I launch into a torrent of 'F' words every time I give it some heavy right foot, my face was literally aching form grinning when I got home yesterday after popping to the shops via some quiet country lanes :)

I thought it was just me until the wife grabbed the keys on the evening whilst I bathed the little one, she came back 30 mins later literally speechless (makes a change) - I'm one happy S3 owner, it may not look quite like a £30K car from a distance but certainly justifies the premium when driven.

Maybe I'll keep this car..............
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. copperband

copperband Member

[May 22, 2007]
    I'd be very interested to know how much of an impact the performance had in terms of grin factor for those that have gone from other fast cars to the S3.
    Its great to hear that you're enjoying it Spin but I can't imagine anyone not feeling that way when taking such a big leap in performance, I wonder if others have been as overwhelmed?
    I'm still open minded about the sidestep from my 330 Bm.....I really want to be grinning as much as Spin:)
  4. newbiecrg

newbiecrg windsurfer

[May 22, 2007]
    For me is not actually the sense of speed or acceleration that amazes me... It does not "feel" super fast at all. What amazes me is the arrogance wich it overtakes the other traffic and goes uphill... It does 200Kph so easily it should be illegal... That's what amazes me not the sense of speed, I enjoy my go-kart a lot more...

Pedro
  5. copperband

copperband Member

[May 22, 2007]
    Karting....now you're talking, always wanted to get into this but couldn't afford the bi race engine rebuilds:faint:
  6. newbiecrg

newbiecrg windsurfer

[May 22, 2007]
    It's great it is not about raw speed it about feeling every single inch of the track and handling. Forget the lawnmower engines hire go karts! Get the real deal, be it an ICA which is a 2 stroke 100cc engine direct drive (no clutch) with around 31hp and revs up to 20000RPM, strongly recommend, it is a shame UK weather is not as good as Portugal, there the sunny days help to enjoy karting a lot more...

Cost wise, is not so expensive, specially if you go for Rotax Max Challenge, you can do an entire championship without engine rebuild... PM if you are interested in this, I can give you more advice if you want...

Pedro
  7. RobinA3

RobinA3 Well-Known Member

[May 22, 2007]
    i wonder what differences there is to the driver between a S3 and a remapped A3 2TFSI in terms of handling and responsivenss.
  8. Dandle

Dandle Member

[May 22, 2007]

Would be nice to hear a comparison. I guess the S3 will probably feel better with the different suspension componants and the engine not as highly strung.
  9. markwiggy

markwiggy Third Gear

[May 22, 2007]
  10. SamDude

SamDude Active Member

[May 22, 2007]
    I went karting in Thailand (a place called Mini Siam?) and I absolutely ragged it.

So much so, that I smacked it into the wall. When I tried to start it again, it wouldn't go, then I realised that I'd damaged the fuel line and it was spilling out all over the place.

They gave me a slower class kart to finish off with. I still managed to win and lap everyone else three times...
  11. markwiggy

markwiggy Third Gear

[May 22, 2007]
    I had the track to myself until they sent out one of the mechanics to get me, gave him a run for his money even though he knew the track like the back of his hand. He did pass me in the end which was interesting as I was able to see how much faster i could actually go by following his lines and pace.

Mark
  12. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

[May 23, 2007]
    Nice one Spin, pics please.
  13. Spin140

Spin140 Active Member

[May 23, 2007]
    I have no doubt you will not be disappointed, my 2 previous cars although derv have both produced 198 & 188bhp and prior to that I had a MkV GTi which produced 252bhp so am no sranger to quick cars, its the package and the way the power is developed that will make you grin the most :)