Swapping Tape for CD HU

ben

Reaction score
I was wondering wether an Audi CD head unit (Part No. 8EO 035 186 I think) would be a straight swap for an Audi Concert Tape head unit ( Part No. 4BO 035 186 ). I'm keen to get a CD HU as I'm sick of climbing into the boot everytime I fancy a quick change of tunes.

Cheers

b.

Yeah, totally agree with Tom. Don't throw good money after bad on an Audi HU. They are feeble at best, and are difficult to upgrade. You can sell your Concert on ebay for good money, same with the changer (recommend you sell them seperately, you'll get more money). You can get a decent Alpine HU & changer for less than you'll pay for an Audi HU.

Thanks Tom thats really cool of you. The reason I asked was because I have the opportunity to get hold of a Concert CD HU from a wrecked A4, I dont really have the chance to try before I buy so I figured someone on here might of done the same swap.
I would have a bash at an aftermarket HU but for a couple of reasons. I'm worried about full compatability with the Bose amp and speakers and I don't like the cheapo spacers you have to use so it fits into the facia.
I'm also trying to do everything on the cheap because quite frankly I'm a bit tight. Ideally I'd get this CD unit in and working for less than £50.