1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swapping Audi Concert for Symphony or Multimedia

V8Guzzler Mar 6, 2011

1. V8Guzzler

V8Guzzler Active Member

Does anybody know, if this is possible or in fact actually done it?

Car currently has aftermarket headunit installed (due to concert developing volume knob fault) - would it be fairly straight forward to replace with Symphony or MM unit?

Cheers:s4addict:

2. Cabbyfan

Cabbyfan Active Member

If you want to get rid of a single din to accomodate a double din symphony 2 or RNS-E its fairly easy, the longest bit if the DIN cage swap. Been loads of threads on here about RNS-E installs, should tell you everything you need to know. Personally I hate seeing Audi's with non standard sound, especially Pioneer things with lots of flashing lights ewwwwwwwwwwww

3. V8Guzzler

V8Guzzler Active Member

ok great - where would the best place to find a double din cage?

4. a4 cabrio

a4 cabrio Member

5. V8Guzzler

V8Guzzler Active Member

Yeah, just been looking at that.. it says A3 though... will it fit a 2003 S4 does anyone know?

6. blucoop

blucoop Member

they're 45 notes delivered from audi !!!

7. a4 cabrio

a4 cabrio Member

says it will fit a4's also

8. Woorlord

Woorlord shifting to Hyperspace... . VCDS Map User

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  9. V8Guzzler

V8Guzzler Active Member

Thanks all... ill keep looking.. think i will just go for the Symphony.. RNS may prove too challenging :)

10. a4 cabrio

a4 cabrio Member

ok, i was goin by what the guy put in the ad, he said fits a4 as well. was trying to help, maybe i shouldnt have unless i was sure

11. Cabbyfan

Cabbyfan Active Member

Actually the RNS-E is really easy, pre-assembled wiring loom (Bose or non-Bose), stick the GPS antenna somewhere metalic and Bobs your Uncle, the long winded bit is the double din conversion.

12. V8Guzzler

V8Guzzler Active Member

ok great, I have also heard that a new HVAC is needed or you have to cut the existing one down??

13. Cabbyfan

Cabbyfan Active Member

I bought a new climate controller when I did mine but yes you can cut the existing one down if you are good at that kind of thing.

14. V8Guzzler

V8Guzzler Active Member

Ok I have picked a up and S4 with Symphony 2.. So is the change to RNS - E fairly straight forward as it's double din?

15. paulsb

paulsb Member

yes, all you need to do is remove the synphony 2, plug in the harness, plug in the ariel lead and gps. takes about 5 minutes if you have double din.

everything worked on mine without being programed as well.

16. C17LJR

C17LJR Member VCDS Map User

have a look on ebay or kufatec,

you need a plug & play kit to swap these units, the kits have the iso adapter, diversity adapter, gps antenna & removal keys.

17. V8Guzzler

V8Guzzler Active Member

Sorted, thanks all - I will be giving this a go then :)