1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swapped Delta CC HU with CONCERT from 98 A4

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by king84, Apr 6, 2012.

1. king84

king84 Spartacus

[Apr 6, 2012]
    So I swapped my old Delta CC HU with a CONCERT from 98 A4. Started it up and everything worked just fine with the radio. The only issue is my 6 CD changer won't play and when I put in an iCarPlay cassette adapter the amp doesn't the rear speakers. Any thoughts.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. king84

king84 Spartacus

[Apr 8, 2012]
    I guess I should of researched it before posting anything. No CDC was the code received. Programming is next step in order to make my Head Unit recognized the changer.
  4. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Apr 8, 2012]
    AFAIK Deltas had all four speakers amplified by the headunit, whereas concerts only amp the front speakers and had a small standalone amp in the rear to drive the rear speakers.

I also have a feeling the CD changer is electrically different, and you'll need a concert CD changer.
  5. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics

[Apr 8, 2012]
    Thats what I was going to say.

Get some VCDS on it. :)
  6. king84

king84 Spartacus

[Sep 2, 2012]
    So apparently nothing can communicate with the Concert HU. It may have to deal with the fact that it may have been tweaked by the last owner to not require a security code even if it was disconnected for long periods of time. So instead of going through the trouble of another concert, "Operation 1 Din to 2" is on. Symphony radio is in transit via UPS. Picked up the frame three days ago to support everything. All that is left is the face trim with boot, arm rest, and AC unit.