Swap My09 Rears For My11 Rears

A3-BEN

Reaction score
As the title says. I have MY09 rears but really want a set of MY11's. Form what I've seen on here a few people prefer the MY09's so if anyone has a set of MY11's they want to swap give me a shout

I've been thinking about this mod. How much are a set of brand new MY11 clusters these days? Do they come with new lamps (and lamp holders whatever they might be)? I've also been thinking to switch out the lamps to LED replacements which would be a convenient 'at-the-same-time-while-messing-around-back-there' mod.

I'm selling my set of MY11 rear lights if anyone is interested in them.

Totally transforms the rear of the car. Drop me a PM

Is it possible to upgrade the rear lights (brake/reverse/side lights) to LED bulbs?

Not on the 3 door, they only take the bulbs which fit in the holders.

Very easy to swap over, if you are swapping from MY09 all bulbs are the same, if swapping from the first 8P lights they need new brake lights. There are a couple of sets for sale in the classifieds at the min.

Reactions: D3mon
Awesome thanks, I'm just getting hold of a set of MY11 tails now and thought, while I've got them off I could put in a set of LED replacements for the lamps already in there. My car is 2009 so I think all the existing bulbs will be fine for the new lenses, but I'm reading a lot lately about canbus issues with replacement LED lighting and I figure that the bulbs in the rear clusters are highly likely to be on the canbus monitoring system.

All the same, If I can find a way to replace any of the standard bulbs with LED versions, I will be stoked indeed. I like the way LED is faster, whiter and brighter light but while I'm doing a bunch of upgrades at the moment, I may defer the LED upgrade for a bit to keep my head from exploding! :indecisiveness: