Swap my car and give £250.00 for r32 mk5 2008 reg ? Thoughts ?

Used to date a girl who owned an R32 while my S3 was still standard. Couldn't believe how sluggish the R32 felt to drive coming from the standard S3. Personally, I'd have one in my 'dream' garage purely for the noise, but in the real world I'd take a GTI, Golf R or S3 any day of the week.

my s3 was quicker than my mates r32(just by a ball hair) so why people saying mapped s3??? dont need to map them for that really

Reactions: NHN
You just made my point entirely, "a highly tuned R32", to get to that level on that engine will cost thousands, whereas tuning say an S3 even to 360 BHP is a fraction of the cost, given the OP's love of tuning, he'd be mad to buy an R32 & then be stuck at stock power, which for me is not that exciting & cost the earth to increase.

Let alone, insurance, road tax, fuel cost.

Agree completely with the above!

The "highly tuned R32" bit did give me a bit of a giggle - i expect it would run to (tens of?) thousands of £££s to turbocharge an R32?

Bang for buck give me an S3 anyday.

In fact I was looking at R32s before I bought my K1 - and I picked the K1, even with its grim interior lol

Going from an oil burner to a R32...hmmm. you think the insurance will knock holes in your pocket, wait till you start quenching it's thirst.
I think the Audi 3.2 engine sound intoxicating with a nice exhaust system. .especially if its in a convertible. Almost had me a 3.2 TT. Save your money to oneside for a nice little revy Audi 4 pot with cheap easy engine mods.

26mpg thats before tuning it it would be a weekend car unless your pockets are major deep, anyway ive been put off the idea of a v6 petrol just contacted darkside developements about the bosio 1287 injectors for mine see what they say and what sort of power increase they give me

Lol stop spending so much on your car if your selling :$

Reactions: crunchie
Haha its for sale but im not sure if im selling it ahah if that makes sense

Reactions: sliced
You complain that you cant put the power down, yet want to increase the power?

Are you not being a little stupid?

Invest in an LSD before increasing the power any more, or stop spending and save for a beautiful S3

Reactions: turbonutz, S. and NHN
before my s3 had a astra 1.9cdti tuned to about 200ish (rounded it up) was horrible couldnt put power down wet round corners little bit of power understear horrible,
I drove my misses car other day in the wet you do forget how good the s3 handles the wet roads, without you noticing just seems effortless lovely car to drive.

You complain that you cant put the power down, yet want to increase the power?

Are you not being a little stupid?

Invest in an LSD before increasing the power any more, or stop spending and save for a beautiful S3
stop telling me to cut down on power lol i just cant stop modding its a disease lol

Having the a3 3.2 I'd say go for it, it'll be easier to sell than a modified diesel when you want to go for a turbo. If you do save up for an s3 make sure you save enough to at least remap it as it's not overly impressive in standard form (I used to have 90s jap turbos so a turboed car with 10 years more development being slower is unimpressive). The r32 being not very tunable saves you money in that respect so you can save for an s3 (plus mods)