SUZYTWO has arrived

45bvtc

The Older I Get The Better I Was
Supporter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
OK, Suzytwo has arrived and the day after the 100-mile run from the Audi garage we're looking into what needs to be done to get it from the Audi Approved Used STD into something that resembles my own standards: first is tyres; though approved it does amaze me that an 'Approved Audi@ can be supplied with 3-different brands of tyres (2 x Falken, 1 x Continental, and 1 x Davanti) but all four rotor alloys will be re-shod next week.

Here changing from the 18-inch OE rotors to 17-inch S1 (winter) rims so I can get the rotors polished for the new rubber:

P1000032z

And brakes; typically 'rusty' Audi. As we know Audi seem to have that ability to fit rust covered brake discs from new so on a 3-year old car it's no surprise. So a full set of EBC 'slotted and plated' brake discs with Redstuff on order and landing on Monday.

Have to say the 185bhp A1 with 7-speed DSG is a cracker, the lump being both supercharged and turbocharged; and the economy ain't bad either, a 100-mile motorway run at 47mpg is OK for me and mine.

The joy of DSG and 185bhp of whomf in a small car is shear BLISS :superman:

Reactions: Paul-RS6, Statler, Sandra and 3 others
Now on 40-profile rubber, way better than the 35's in more ways than one:

P1030544

Reactions: Paul-RS6 and Scottyg
Lovely wee go-kart John. Brilliant hands on work you get done. OAP putting most to shame, me included!

Reactions: 45bvtc
Looking fantastic John:) x

So what happened to the A2 then John ? . Glad to see your feeling fit enough to be changing wheels and tyres. Audi aren't fussed about tyres as long as they are legal, most people are just happy if they are black and round with some tread on.

Well it went like this Karl: as you know both Judith and I have big 'C' issues and I watched her drive away a couple of weeks ago in the A2 and thought 'we can do better than that' - no pockets in shrouds and all that: so, on Monday 30th May I went onto the Audi website to peruse and entered a 3-door A1, with DSG, and heated seats, and Sat Nav: and ****** me if they didn't have just the right spec in Blackburn, and in Daytona bl**dy grey - YEAH!!!

So, telephoned Blackburn Audi, asked how much for cash and with a reduction gained, and with Judith nodding, gave 'em a deposit. I was then told, as an aside,that this was the 185bhp version... Hmmm, really! OK, I guess I/we can live with that...

Purchase commitment done I did a quick advert for A2OC and then, later, dropped it onto eBay with a price to sell; within 48-hours I'd a deposit and a week later Suzy was away to a relatively local Audi A2 enthusiast, claimed it was the best A2 he'd ever seen...

Drove up to Blackburn on Thursday last, handed over the monies, and drove back home (50+mpg) with SUZYTWO - still shouldn't be driving for another 4-weeks of course so 200-miles in the day wasn't sooooo bad.

First view:

P1030534xx

So once home and a quick inspection (no point wasting time at Blackburn Audi as it's the bl**dy car I want and I can certainly sort the peripherals out in my own time) and we have 2 x Falken's on the front and 1 x Continental and 1 x Davanti on the rear; tsk. And they're all 35-profile, tsk. A set of 40-profile Continentals ordered (Blackcircles are just brilliant as are our local fitters) and fitted, and the ride is transformed.

Next the brakes, which are brilliant by the way, however; I know Audi like brake discs with rusty hubs on ALL their cars but I don't; so a set of set of EBC slotted/plated USR discs ordered with Redstuff pads (again EBC don't recommend Redstuff for the A2; loosing the will to keep breathing now...), and they'll be on this weekend: please don't tell the Urology department nurses and new Cross (or Sandra) as I'm still only 4-weeks on after having my prostate removed and supposedly doing nothing but rest for at least another 4-weeks... :sadlike:

To be fair to EBC, they've said that if I don't get on with the Redstuff then they'll swap 'em FOC; WOW! 10 out of 10 to EBC... :yes:

But SUZYTWO is a little cracker :yahoo:; quite quick and mega economic to boot with 50+ on motorways up to 80mph and domestically 37mpg - I can live with that - and the 7-speed DSG is manically quick

But, back to point: tyres for me are way more than "black and round with some tread on"

Hope you and yours are well, Karl...
:hi:

PS: registration won't stay like that for long: A2 UOH on the A2 and A1 UOH (from DVLA) is going on the A1; gotta laugh.... :superman:

That said, out in BLUEY RS3 today; WOW what a tool! Just brilliant in adverse conditions, love it... :salute:

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul-RS6, desertstorm and Sandra
A1 UOH registration plate now mounted; OEM brake discs and pad fitting later today...

P1030466z

What happened to the EBC items, I hear you say; they didn't fit neither the fronts (too deep and wrong hole PCD) or the backs (too deep again); so gone for STD OEM items, brakes are mega-good anyway just bl**dy rusty, like so (and that's my Copperslip - had to 'knock' the rims off the spigots on all 4-corners - what you get with FULL Audi serviced cars I guess :shrug::

P1030445x

Here you go; a wire brush and a coat of POR15 Clear on the calipers and some new OEM brake discs and a coat of POR15 Clear where it matters and these brakes ain't ever gonna rust again... :yahoo:

P1030486x

P1030491x

Brakes now bedded in - following STD procedures - and just B R I L L I A N T :yahoo:

5-spoke Rotors were meant for non-rusty brakes....
P1030494x

Reactions: Paul-RS6
Looking most excellent John. Now sit down and relax. :) xx

Tomorrow, Sandra; promise... :hi:

SUZYTWO now has ALL of those problematic elements I anticipated pre-purchase replaced; so tomorrow is 100% a rest day; maybe with a Guinness (my preferred version of Iron Bru) and lunch care of a local Italian chief - ****** just like his Moma taught him...
:yum:

5-weeks (tomorrow) post radical prostate surgery and we ain't doing bad, not bad at all; but lots more pelvic floor exercises tomorrow; gotta catch up with those...

Reactions: Yorrick, Jcbmally and Sandra
Quite and amazingly good piece of machinery is this 185bhp DSG A1, and frugal with the juices too; handling/steering amazingly good as are the NEW but STD Audi brakes; several weeks in and it's looking like a keeper...

Oh, and de-badged now and with black chrome pipes...

P1000042z

Reactions: Paul-RS6
Looking good John :) x