Suzuka grey S3 Build thread

Well tbh 10kilos is a fair bit i think . Simply imagine walking around with 10 kgs on your back all day . lol poor s3 weighed down

Really does this work ? or are u making fun of me ?

Yes it really works mate.

I agree that having no sensors look better, cleaner lines. That's the reason I dind;t tick then wehn I orderd my sportback but I do think Audi parking sensors don't look that bad. They are nice and flush and painted. Most other brands have big black pimples sticking out, now that's nasty!

Good work my son! Another thing...is the colour of your car suzuka grey - totally confused lol

What about the lisence plate lights?

Yeah & when you/mrs reverse into a wall or car you'll be saying oh I wish I was a girl, lmao, but seriously I've just done the oem fit & they're hardly noticeable atall when painted & even less visible on the s3/sline as they're almost half the size of the older 03-05 ones so cant see why they would look ****, of course only IMHO

Looks white to me!???

I'd keep the wheels but get them painted bright red, I think it would be risky but possibly great! :arco:

Looks white to me!???

I'd keep the wheels but get them painted bright red, I think it would be risky but possibly great! :arco:
I think it would be risky and probably ridiculous.

I'm afraid that if you carry on this route of modding this car the way you are Alex, I shall be forced to find out where you live and steal it.. :sly: :drool:

On a serious note, I would go with the Speedlines mate. As they are slightly lighter than the standard rims and once you've mutiplied that by 4 and removed all your other bits, you'll have a nice few kgs removed from your kerbweight. My rims are nearly 5kgs lighter on each corner and you can notice a difference straight away. Plus I have removed the rear seats on occasions before in a few of my cars and that alone makes a big difference (especially when you a Milltek, as the sound is worth the removal alone ;)).. Also the Turinis are lush rims..

Anyway, that motor of yours gets a big fat :thumbsup: from me.. One more thing though, can we have a closer pic of the red buckets please? ;)

Red Buckets?!!! Pics please......

These are Lomax's RS4s from his Golf GTI

SickGolfGTI3.jpg

Red Buckets?!!! Pics please......

These are Lomax's RS4s from his Golf GTI

SickGolfGTI3.jpg

What's this steering wheel from? It looks fatter than the normal A3 FBMFSW.

They're just covers. OK, flaming expensive, extremely nice looking covers, but they're still the std S3 buckets underneath. Now those that N8 posted... Where do I sign?

The seat covers were free !!! lol ive got like 5 pairs ..

mitch or ashley . Wanna buy my wheels then . Make me an offer

Now I'm really confused, you buy this really quite expensive car and begin to mod it in what can only be described as an 'individual' manner and then you tell us it's for sale on your website??

Are you bored of it already?

Or just making sure he can get as much for it as possible. Own a nice car, mod it, make a profit on it. Nice if you can do it more than once too.

Once again , Spot on mate :laugh:.

Lovely mate - are those mats standard?

I need a new set in my car!

What bulbs are you using for the rear lisence plate?

Right my brand new s3 wheels are for sale without tyres for £450..ono

went for a set of speedline turinis ... Getting them powercoated black or anthracite
iphone022.jpg

went for a rear seats strip out ... Over all saved around 50kgs on just seats , Yet alone my other light weight mods

Quick picture for those interested .
IMG_3595.jpg

PS: if u disagree with stripping out a new 30k car n the rest of it please just keep it to yourself n stop bitching ..

What are the benefits of Powdercoating? 50kg from the rear! Wow! Big weightsaving, I swear the speedline turini's are from the 172 Cup. Nice looking wheel and very light. Your from Cardiff aren't you Madalex?

What are the benefits of Powdercoating? 50kg from the rear! Wow! Big weightsaving, I swear the speedline turini's are from the 172 Cup. Nice looking wheel and very light. Your from Cardiff aren't you Madalex?

Powder coating is muchh harder wearing than any painted surface ... Speedline turinis are rebranded on the clio 197 ..
Yeah cardiff mate why u ask ?

Sorry can I ask, is this gonna be a track car with a roll cage aswell?

The next mod i choose to do was install a light weight battery as the stock battery weights ......wait for itt 16.5 kgs .. Its the same size battery as in a land rover discovery..!!!!

There were plenty of diffrent batterys to choose from : Diffrent weights , CA ,CCA, AH ahhh it was all so confusing ..
Finally got there and purchased a braille battery . Weights 5.2 kgs !! Excellent

Heres a comparison picture of size

IMG_3568.jpg

The great thing also is that the stock battery cover still fits , And its all removable without a mark incase of warranty issues ..
The only thing i have to be carefull about is leaving the lights or radio on when not using the car As the Amp hours on this battery is 17 where as on the stock battery its 60 !!

TBH i think you may have issues with a small battery, there is so much electronics on a car now that needs power. You may end up having starting issues. Do you have coming home lights, the xenons draw so much power, ive had a flat battery a couple of times when working on the car and not having it running.

Funnily enough I've got a flat battery from cold weather & decided to swap my old one for this, hey powers my Tissot for years so must start my car

470_83167.jpg

went for a rear seats strip out ... Over all saved around 50kgs on just seats , Yet alone my other light weight mods

PLEASE don't tell me you ticked the rear heated seat option!?

no such option . as rear heated seats on an s3 . .

Funnily enough I've got a flat battery from cold weather & decided to swap my old one for this, hey powers my Tissot for years so must start my car

470_83167.jpg
We've got ourselves a jokkerr

TBH i think you may have issues with a small battery, there is so much electronics on a car now that needs power. You may end up having starting issues. Do you have coming home lights, the xenons draw so much power, ive had a flat battery a couple of times when working on the car and not having it running.

Its perfect . Left leds on for 30 mins yesterday while washing the car started fine . Car was left outside last night tmepratures hit -1 Andd started fine .

We've got ourselves a jokkerr

lmao, yeap a regular jack nicholson I am & why the hell not, better than being a miserable ***** like many I see around this country, if you cant laugh at these things then you've got no hope, lol

Anyway rear heated seats is an option on 8P's as I've got, never heard of an option that an S3 cant have, wiring is probably for fuel tank sensor etc no as thats where its going into I think, unless the rear seatbelts have a warning system aswell which I doubt but never know, have to check the latest schematics

& leds eat very minimal power its when the xenons are on, but guessing if coming home is the leds now then not a problem but think matts just saying watch yourself with xenons on at night auto mode as that'll flatten in minutes as I had same issues when working on car & they came on auto, dead within minutes when not starting, damn things eat power like anything