1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

suspension

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by jimboA3, Jul 13, 2004.

1. jimboA3

jimboA3 Member

Hi guys !

Got my A3 Quattro lowered 25mm at the mo but it just doesnt sit quite low enough for my liking, stuck on what to do next. Im either gonna go 4 -50mm springs or coilovers but there is a massive difference in price as you can imagine. Are coilovers really worth the difference in £ if im not gonna be using it for the track ? Just want it to sit nicely with the tyres flush with the arches.

Thanks in advance folks ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
    Jimbo
  2. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    jimboA3 said:
    Hi guys !

Got my A3 Quattro lowered 25mm at the mo but it just doesnt sit quite low enough for my liking, stuck on what to do next. Im either gonna go 4 -50mm springs or coilovers but there is a massive difference in price as you can imagine. Are coilovers really worth the difference in £ if im not gonna be using it for the track ? Just want it to sit nicely with the tyres flush with the arches.

Thanks in advance folks ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
    Jimbo

[/ QUOTE ]

Dropped mine 50mm and it sits perfectly... Although its more like a 40mm drop. I would go for a set of springs, and decent shock, and spend the extra on anti roll bars. Coilovers arent really necessary.

Rich
  3. jimboA3

jimboA3 Member

Cheers matey , i'll get it booked in before i go to gti tuning in france next week ! cant wait !
  4. ANDYTQ

ANDYTQ Member

Jimbo,EsseThree recommends bilstein and h&r springs better ride than standard s3 and better handling.What i'm trying to work out at the moment is how to get more front camber adjustment.Cheers Andy