Suspension Woes A4 Avant Quattro S line

Avantsline

Reaction score
After picking up my A4 Avant Quattro 1.8T S line in august I have noticed the rear drivers side looks much lower than the other side.

Barely even a gap between tyre and arch, had wheel off nothing looks broken shock doesn't look like it has been leaking.

Today I noticed the tyre has started rubbing the arch so something must be up as only a baby in rear seat.

With it being an S line do I just get any old shocks and springs or do I need uber expensive S line ones?!

Ta :)

Thanks for replies & apologies for the stupid questions!

So is it just different springs that determines an S line?

I've found some bilstein shocks but don't want to just go and order incase they're wrong!!

Listed for 1.8t Avant Quattro but no mention of Sline.

Do I need to worry about spring choice more than dampers. I.e any old dampers but specific springs up to 30mm lower than standard?

Thanks for help ;)

You can buy bilstein with good price from here Audi A4 Shock Absorbers at discount prices at Motorsport World

They have shock absorbers for standart and sport suspension;i will suggest to buy bilstein B4 for sport suspension and to replace front and rear in the same time.
Soon,i have to replace mine and i will do the same; price is 246£ front and rear including shipment.

Not found the cause yet had a look but nothing looks broken or out of place.

Getting more bouncy and gradually lower now, can feel it rock when I pull up lol

Took a couple of snaps when I noticed,

IMAG1203.jpg

IMAG1202.jpg

Second pic doesn't do much justice, Since then it has dropped a little more, was going to try elimination and replace springs then shocks but may as well just do them both at the same time. Not too happy about doing front as well as just spent £500 sorting other teething issues and servicing.

Lucky for the car its too good to not sort it out!!

Take it I need 4 shocks and a separate spring kit as none of the the shocks come with springs?

You can buy bilstein with good price from here Audi A4 Shock Absorbers at discount prices at Motorsport World
price is 246£ front and rear including shipment.

I just told you where you can find the cheapest price for shock absorbers....,but i see i`m wasting my time...

The springs have good price from camskill,but you can find them with the same price on the link above and you save on shipment.

Btw,befoure to change something,you should go to a mecanic to check what is wrong,dont buy parts which you dont need,is waste of money!

Sorry if I offended you, I appreciate the link that you provided for best price I was just showing a random link to parts not the actual place I will be buying from.

I appreciate everyone's time and hope to be bounce free with a little help to make sure I am not left with a car in the air and a box with wrong bits!

Roll the arches and cut the other springs so the suspension all matches

... I kid I kid haha take it in, if it's shocks get the rear two replaced, if it's springs you're best off with all four corners (Eibach, Eibach, Eibach, Eibach!) prepare for labour costs though fitting may cost more than the parts. I got used shocks and springs for £125 then paid £150 having them fitted.

Thanks for recommendation ASHIHARA, Ordered 4 Bilstein B4's & Eibach pro lowering kit for £465 :)

Thought it's not too bad a price to pay considering I'll have brand spanking new shocks & springs all round.

Going to have a bash ay fitting myself, anyone got any pearls of wisdom to help me along the way?

Going to hunt for tutorials after work, got to by some spring compressors as well.

Ta :)

front pinch bolts should entertain you, from experience get a garage to do them and get some new ones as they will be destroyed to get them out, have a search for front pinch bolts and see what others say, there are a few tutorials out there. Audizine and a4mods.com have one i think

Thanks for the warning, I had better order some new one's and top mounts.

Turns out have to wait 5-10 days for shocks from Bilstein so got time to get everything together.

All this pinch bolt and suspension research has got me worried about how long my control arms will last if they aren't already damaged but at £300+ Just for the front!!!! I might just hope for the best!

After already spending £1k within 2 months of purchase hopefully they will be fine :)

Ah I see.. I've probably blown the whole thing out of proportion and wasted loads of dosh then!!

Still I wanted the eibach pro kit as a replacement, might as well replace the struts too so its all nice & firm ;)

Pinch bolts ordered, just got to get spring compressors, grease e.t.c, then good to go!

With a bit of luck I can cake the new pinch bolts with grease incase I have to tackle the control arms at a later date!