1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

suspension, what to do?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Plunky, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Plunky

Plunky Member

Right, after having a really crashy feel to the ride of my car and getting a lot of vibration in the car when hitting small bumps in the road, I have replaced both top mount bushes and bearings, lower ball joints, wishbones with all new bushes and also the arb drop links.
    However, I am still getting the same crashy feel and the vibration through the steering wheel when going over bumps.
    Has anyone else got any suggestions? By the way I have jamex coilovers (not sure if these are knackered, as they do look a little bit worse for wear)

Cheers

Liam
  2. Matt82

Matt82 Active Member

i think youve answered your own question. coilovers dont really promote comfort
  3. Plunky

Plunky Member

they always been fine in the past. I cant think what else to change
  4. JD09

JD09 I'm not modding, I'm improving

My coilovers were the cause of all my issues. Swap for a spring and damper kit.
  5. VeVeX

VeVeX Member

If your prepared to spend money good quality coilovers are as good if not better then the likes of B8s.

Budget coilovers + 1400kgs+ of S3 is a bad idea if your hoping for comfort or good handling.