1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

suspension, what to do?

Plunky Jun 5, 2010

1. Plunky

Plunky Member

Right, after having a really crashy feel to the ride of my car and getting a lot of vibration in the car when hitting small bumps in the road, I have replaced both top mount bushes and bearings, lower ball joints, wishbones with all new bushes and also the arb drop links.
    However, I am still getting the same crashy feel and the vibration through the steering wheel when going over bumps.
    Has anyone else got any suggestions? By the way I have jamex coilovers (not sure if these are knackered, as they do look a little bit worse for wear)

Cheers

Liam

2. Matt82

Matt82 Active Member

i think youve answered your own question. coilovers dont really promote comfort

3. Plunky

Plunky Member

they always been fine in the past. I cant think what else to change

4. JD09

JD09 I'm not modding, I'm improving VCDS Map User

My coilovers were the cause of all my issues. Swap for a spring and damper kit.

5. VeVeX

VeVeX Member

If your prepared to spend money good quality coilovers are as good if not better then the likes of B8s.

Budget coilovers + 1400kgs+ of S3 is a bad idea if your hoping for comfort or good handling.